Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
MrsS
Helpful Answer

0843 numbers

Hi.  I have call plan with free evening and weekend calls.  Does this include non geographical numbers beginning with 0843

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: 0843 numbers

[ Edited ]
No it doesn't. The inclusive calls are to 01,02 and 03 numbers (and from April calls to Virgin Mobiles)
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Welcome__BHX

Be carefull too, VM do not charge the expected rate for many calls to 0843 / 0844 numbers and can cost double the rate.

Please use plain text.
Wizard
drwhofan

Welcome__BHX wrote:

Be carefull too, VM do not charge the expected rate for many calls to 0843 / 0844 numbers and can cost double the rate.

Calls to these numbers, including 0845, and 0870, are expensive with Virgin Media, and why are Virgin Media not including 0845, and 0870, in peoples price plans, like BT?  They say free Virgin Mobile phone calls, included in your price plan, but in effect they are charging for this, by putting up line rental up by 99p a month, which is by the way, making it more expensive than BT, take a look at this:  http://www.calls.bt.com/ppc/cablepackages/?s_intcid=con_intban_h1_Packages_q4_Winterdealsdual_Virgin...

http://www.freewebs.com/drwhofans1/
Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Welcome__BHX

VM and xNTL / xTW have said for several years that the phone service is their cash-cow.

For years they kept losing 1000s of phone customers per month due to high phone costs, granted due to more or less forced inclusion of phone line to make other packages slightly cheaper they have increased phone customers again slightly (but nowhere near to the levels years and years ago when they offered an excellent priced phone service), they don't seem to learn that they are pushing their customers elsewhere for calls, it's crazy that you can make many calls cheaper via a mobile phone than you can on VM.

I used to have a Virgin Mobile phone too as did several friends and family, we had this on the DD set-up, but when NTL/TW took over Virgin Mobile they changed the price plan so that too became a rip-off, so we all moved away from Virgin Mobile, now have a Vodafone contract with Vodafone Family set-up and we share the cost of the Family and have a GiffGaff mobile too with other friends and family, so calls are free between us there.  Virgin have lost not only my custom, but that of friends and family, all because they virtually quadrupled the call costs.

Please use plain text.