Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Brainbox
charter

0300 numbers

I thought 0300 numbers were freephone like 0800 numbers yet I have been charged.

Where can I find a list of charges for numbers like this on the VM website please?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: 0300 numbers

[ Edited ]

Details of Virgin's call costs can be found at www.virginmedia.com/callcosts

However 0300 numbers aren't free - they are charged the same as 01 or 02 numbers i.e. the same as a standard landline. So you they would be zero rated within any landline call plan you had, outside of that they would be chargeable

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gerty16

Hi,

I've been looking into 0300 numbers recently, according to the moneysaving expert website which has quite a bit of information about them they are treated exactly the same as a 01 or 02 number.

They state the following:

However if you have "free" inclusive minutes in your phone package they must BY LAW be included within those.
So if you have "free" minutes on your phone then yes they should be free to call.

03 numbers are always charged at exactly the same rate as whatever you pay for calling 01 and 02 numbers.

If you have an inclusive allowance for calling 01 and 02 numbers, that allowance also includes calls to 03 numbers. This applies to calls made from landlines and from mobiles.

030 numbers are for government organisations, charities and health providers.
033 numbers are for businesses and other organisations.
034 numbers are reserved for the user of the matching 084 number.
037 numbers are reserved for the user of the matching 087 number.

The Consumer Rights Directive will shortly make it illegal to use 084, 087 and 09 numbers for customer service lines. Existing users of 084 and 087 numbers can simply migrate to the matching 034 or 037 number else choose a brand new 01, 02, 030, 033 or 080 number.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gerty16

Hi Again

I have just got this from the Ofcom website

Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.

These rules apply to calls from any type of line including MOBILE, BT, other fixed line or payphone

So the answer is yes they are included in your free minutes

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
homecinema

gerty16 wrote:

Hi Again

I have just got this from the Ofcom website

Calls to 03 numbers cost no more than a national rate call to an 01 or 02 number and must count towards any inclusive minutes in the same way as 01 and 02 calls.

These rules apply to calls from any type of line including MOBILE, BT, other fixed line or payphone

So the answer is yes they are included in your free minutes

If you have a package, with free minutes, out of the free minutes, they will be charged as 01 and 02 calls.

Sky + HD box, with Sky Family Bundle & Sky Movies. Sky Believe In Better.
Please use plain text.