Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
madcaplost

cannot uninstall Virgin media security

Hi.Having big problems trying to uninstall vms from my sons laptop.Its working ok on home computer and my daughters laptop but when I try to open it on my sons I get the message about activation and then enter my details and all I get is a blank window.I've tried to uninstall it but there is no response at all.I've tried Virgin help over the phone but they are completely useless,they keep telling me to uninstall it but I CANT.I hope somebody can help.

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Re: cannot uninstall Virgin media security

Hi Madcaplost,

Can you please confirm that you're attempting to uninstall it from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs?

Can you confirm if you're getting any error messages at all when attmepting to uninstall?

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
johnbellingham

Hi

Yes I cant uninstall mine either, the message I get is

Error Code: -5005 : 0x80070002
Error Information:
>Kernel\KernelMedia.cpp (95)
>SetupNew\setup.cpp (851)
PAPP:Virgin Media Security
PVENDOR:Virgin Media (http://www.virginmedia.com)
PGUID:5AD839E7-BFA7-4796-B2CA-B1D824ECCDF7
$9.0.34.41590
@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600)
IE Version: 8.0.6001.18702

I also repeatedly get a message that freedom ineeds to be reinstalled whatever that is, cant find a link anywhere, its really messed up my computer.  conecting to the media link just takes me in a please reinstall loop

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
madcaplost

Hi,on my sons laptop its windows 7 and I go to control panel and then programs,I then highlight virgin and then uninstall but nothing happens.No dialogue at all appears.I cant see add/remove programs on his computer.I hope this aids you in helping me. 

Many thanks

Madcaplost

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Paul_McD

Hi Jognbellingham and madcaplost,

I've sent PM's to both of you. Please follow the advice and see if it fixes this issue.

Regards,

Paul McD

Help & Support Forum Team

Cheers,

Paul McDonough
CCM Application Support Analyst @Virginmedia
Personal tweets @guitaraholic
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi madcaplost

Can you let me know what Edition of Windows 7 is on your sons laptop.  Also whether it is the 32 or 64bit version.  Finally can you advise whether it has Service Pack 1 installed?

Regards,

Lee Grant

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
madcaplost

Hi,

My sons laptop has windows 7 home premium and has 64 bit.I dont know how to find out what service pack it has,some help would be nice.

Many thanks,madcaplost

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Hi Madcalpost,

Could you clickt on the start bubble then right click on Computer and click properties.

Could you then advise what it says under "Windows edition"?

Did following PaulMcD's advice resolve your issue?

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
madcaplost

Hi Peter,

Underneath Windows edition it says Windows 7 home premium and something about copyright but no mention of anything else.I sent Paul a pm regarding the download issues we've been having since vms started playing up.Hope this helps.

Madcaplost

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

[ Edited ]

Hi madcaplost

Can you ensure that the PC has all available critical Windows updates.  The information below on how to do this is taken from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Install-Windows-updates

1. Open Windows Update by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Update, and then, in the list of results, click Windows Update.

2.  In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

3. If you see a message telling you that important updates are available, or telling you to review important updates, click the message to view and select the important updates to install.

4. In the list, click the important updates for more information. Select the check boxes for any updates that you want to install, and then click OK.

5. Click Install updates.

Read and accept the license terms, and then click Finish if the update requires it. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note

Some updates might require that you restart your computer to finish installing. Save and close all your programs before restarting to prevent data loss.

Regards,

Lee Grant

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.