Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
beathogs

Vodafone Sure Signal

Hi

Does anyone have the vodafone sure signal box working with their broadband connection?

Mine will not connect to the internet so is completely useless and their online help may as well be written in a foreign language.

The failure to connect to the internet in order to boost the 3G signal may be something to do with the modem/router settings or to the firewall.

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received as I don't want to have to ring the £1 a minute pc help line just yet.

Thanks a lot

Jan

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
trevors

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal

I am having problems as well, I now suspect the MTU needed for Virgin Broadband is not sufficient for Sure Signal

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Pbcharlie

Hi I got the Sure Signal after my brother told me how good it was. He is on Virgin 50Mb and it works fine. I'm on the 10Mb and I cannot create the VPN tunnel
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jamesnsuk

I'm having issues with my Sure Signal but only as much as I can't MAKE calls - receiving is fine as are text and data. My broadband is 10mb. Try the Vodafone eForum, they're really good and are currently helping me with my issues.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Pbcharlie

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal issue resolved

Hi, just to give you an update, I have resolved my sure signal problem.

Long story short, I have a Dlink dkt-110, dir-301 router with firmware 1.02 hardware a1

I had to upgrade the firmware to the german version of 1.02.de

hope this helps anyone reading

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Pbcharlie

Re: Vodafone Sure Signal issue resolved

I should have said, that the drawback is the control panel is now in German, but it works!

ftp://ftp.dlink.de/dir/dir-301/driver_sof...de_20090206.zip

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
BlueIce

Hi, hope this helps those of you who have sure signal boxes from Vodafone.

Go to add custom rules.

Device name you can just choose one I chose VDSS as an abreviation.

Enter 500 for start port and 4500 for end port

Use Protocol "UDP"

and finally enter the final digit that corresponds to your sure signal boxes ip address.

Click add and thats it for your router.

Then press and hold the reset button of the sure signal box, remove the power cable for 10 seconds or so (still with your finger on the reset) then plug the power back in wait a few seconds and then release the reset button.

Then wait and watch as your sure signal goes through the sequence of start up (takes about 3-5 minutes).

Check your phone, make a test a call and hey presto one working sure signal :smileyhappy:

PS for those who are unsure as to how you find out the sure signal ip address.

First have a look at the lable on your sure signal box, you will see part of it says mac address, this is its personal identity code.

Log in to your router and go to mac filtering there you will see a list of trusted devices, one of the columns is mac addresses, simply look through and find the one that matches the address on the lable of your sure signal, the ip address listed nect to it is the one that its connected to, you then need the very last digit for when you do your port forwarding.

Hope this helps

Regards

JP:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi beathogs,

Have the suggestions from the community resolved this issue?
Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.