Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
inta147

Virgin media anti virus

I have Windows Vista on my lap top. After restoring system, Windows security alerts tells me that Virgin media anti virus is switched off

on clicking warning message unable to switch on anti virus, but windows defender anti virus is on but won't switch off. Have ran diagnostic tool but says everything OK.

Having read other messages seems lots of users have same problem.

Am at wits end please help!

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Sololobo

Re: Virgin media anti virus

Remove and reinstall VMS.

All you need to know is here:- http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/Virgin-Media-Internet-Security-FAQ/td-p/586993

--------------------
I used to answer questions, but now I question instead. Guess why.
I'm not paranoid, they are watching.
Kudos: Users giveth and VM taketh away.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
jakes-mate

Virgin anti virus is a resource hog, the first thing i did was uninstall it as it slows everything down.

I have been running Avast free for the last three years with the windows firewall, the new version even detects when you are about to visit a dodgy site and sandboxes it, i advise all the clients i visit to use it.

AVG free used to be ok but has lost ground to Avast, Avira is also an option, for normal browsing Windows firewall is fine.

Also consider browsers which can help with security as you can add plugins such as Mc Affee site adviser, i would keep away from IE due to security and speed issues.

These are just my opinions based on dealing with malware and viruses.  

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
inta147

thanks to everyone for all the help have now resolved the problem

cheers

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Ray_M

Hi inta147,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear your issue is now resolved.

Regards,

Ray Miranda
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.

Please use plain text.