Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
GaryCullen

Virgin Media Security on Windows 8

When will Virgin Media Security be available for Windows 8?

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: Virgin Media Security on Windows 8

Hopefully never

windows 8 is secure enough with Windows Firewall and Wndows Defender (which is built into the OS). 

Third party apps are no longer needed, especially ones that are as buggy and unstable as VMS

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
GaryCullen

Fair enough
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Hi GaryCullen, 

We have no further updates on this as of yet however as Gary_Dexter has said Windows 8 has Firewall and Defender built in. These are sufficient but should you wish to have a third party software then there are a number of free and paid versions available such as Avast, AVG, Kaspersky, Norton, Mcafee, to name just a few :smileyhappy:

Thanks, 

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Sololobo

From this thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/Re-Online-Security/td-p/1518962 dated 5/11/2012 -

Windows 8 does comes with Windows Defender, an updated version of MSE, as well as with the Windows firewall, which will provide basic protection.

The Comodo suite is compatable with Windows 8.

The other free programs mentioned in this thread may take a bit of time to be updated but most, if not all of the paid for security programs are suitable for Windows 8.

--------------------
ADSL Service - What's that? And stop swearing!
I used to answer questions, but now I question instead. Guess why.
Kudos: Users giveth and VM taketh away.
Please use plain text.