Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Forum Manager (Retired)
Mark_Retired

Virgin Media Security 10 FAQ

[ Edited ]

We've started upgrading Virgin Media Security 9 users to the new version 10 software and we plan to roll this out to everyone over the next few months. When the update's ready you'll see a pop-up message asking you if you're ready to update just click on it to update.

Virgin Media Security 10, powered by Trend Micro includes Anti-virus and Anti-spyware, Parental Controls, a Firewall Booster and a Website Checker, it's also completely free to all Virgin Media customers. Click here for more information.

Virgin Media Security 10 FAQ

What exactly is Virgin Media Security?

What are the system requirements for Virgin Media Security?

How do I check if my security software is compatible with Virgin Media Security?

What does Virgin Media Security do automatically?

How to resolve Virgin Media Security problems.

How to resolve Virgin Media Security installation problems.

How do I manually uninstall Virgin Media Security 9

How do I manually uninstall Virgin Media Security 10?

Windows XP:

1. From the Virgin Media Security top bar, click File then Exit.
  2. Go to Start and then click Control Panel.
  3. Click Add/Remove Programs.
  4. Select Virgin Media Security then click the Change/Remove button.

Windows Vista/ 7:

1. From the Virgin Media Security top bar, click File then Exit.
  2. Go to Start and then click Control Panel.
  3. Click Programs then Programs and Features.
  4. Select Virgin Media Security in the list and click Change/Uninstall.
  5. When the User Account Control dialog box appears, click Continue.

Follow the on screen instructions and restart the computer when prompted.

To reinstall run the “virgin media service manager” from the Start menu > Virgin Media. Choosing to install the security software again following the on screen prompts.

If the removal is unsuccessful please proceed with the following.

1. Download UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe, save the file somewhere that is easy to access on your machine such as the ‘Desktop’ or ‘My Documents’ folder.
  2. Double click the file to run it.
  3. Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall.
  4. Restart the computer when prompted.

To reinstall run the “virgin media service manager” from the Start menu > Virgin Media. Choosing to install the security software again following the on screen prompts.

If the fault continues after removal with the UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe file then please proceed to this next step. We shall now uninstall the VM hub software as well as the security software.

1. Run the UserCommunity-Uu-RpsUU.exe file again if it installed with out failing and needs removed again.
2. Download Spduu-4.1.16.exe. Save the file somewhere that is easy to access on your machine such as the ‘Desktop’ or ‘My Documents’ folder.
3. Double click the file to run it.
4. Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall.
5. Restart the computer when prompted.

You will now have to reinstall the software via our home page. Log into My VM and choose the security App. You can then download and install again.

Please use plain text.
Forum Manager (Retired)
Mark_Retired

Re: Virgin Media Security 10 FAQ

[ Edited ]

Update: We released a fix for the issues Vista customers were having updating to Virgin Media Security 10 on Friday, you should now be able to update automatically.

Thanks 

Please use plain text.