Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
magpieman52

Uninstall Virgin Media Security

Can someone please tell me how to uninstall Virgin Media security when I try to uninstall it I get this error message An error (-5001 : 0x80070002) has occurred while running the setup.

I notice a lot of other people have asked the same question, is it possible to post the solution on the forum so everyone can see it? If not please can someone send me a PM.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Re: Uninstall Virgin Media Security

Hi Magpieman52,

I've sent you a PM with some instructions, please follow these and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Just Joined
name

Hi, I too am having the exact same problem, please can you send me the solution or post it here so that all new google searchers can actually solve the problem instead of waiting for PMs.

Why have customers waiting for PMs when we could just get on with it if the answer was posted publicly?

Please send the PM soon,

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi name,

I have sent you a PM with the details of how to resolve this please run the tests  provided within the PM.

I have also passed your feedback to one of our supervisors.

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
PlanetGong

Hi,

Can you also send me the PM ? I think VM Security is clashing with my McAfee as McAfee insist that I remove Radial Point which seems to be part of VM Security.

Thks

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
gunnerjoe

Hi

I think i have the same problem,i am trying to reinstal vms getting error virgin media\hub\unins000.msg is missing. i have tryed rpguu exe and msicuu2 exe but still cannot remove hub!

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi PlanetGong,

Have you tried to uninstall VMS from the add remove programmes or programme and features page?

Regards,

James Gilbert

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
pmreaney_1961

Hi

Did you get a PM showing how to resolve this issue? If so could you please pass it on

Thank You

Pmreaney

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
pmreaney_1961

HI

I am suffering from the same problem when I attempt to uninstal virgin media Security , could you please send me a PM with details on how to resolve

Thank you in advance

Pmr

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Neil_D

Hi pmreaney_1961

I have sent you a PM

Kind Regards,

Neil D

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.