Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
lewiscool45

Torrent Sites and censorship

Can you please explain to me why a load of torrent sites have been blocked , because i use them for legal purposes for my business for file distribution of legal content

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
HowardML

Re: Torrent Sites and censorship

Answered here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Announcements/21-additional-file-sharing-sites-blocked-by-Court-...

--
Helpful reply? Say thanks - press the Kudos button.
Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
lewiscool45

I've read it and it really doesn't help the matter , what happened to internet freedom , im sure anonymous will have a few things to say about this. 

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Its a court order - they have to comply
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

lewiscool45 wrote:

I've read it and it really doesn't help the matter , what happened to internet freedom , im sure anonymous will have a few things to say about this. 

Big business, where else can you foist ads on 2.5 billion people?

Big business want to control the internet to peddle their wares.

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
Stythinator

Court Order which Virgin Media and other ISP's have Received. They have to Act on it. Nothing any of us can do to change it.

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
David_Harry

lewiscool45 wrote:

Can you please explain to me why a load of torrent sites have been blocked , because i use them for legal purposes for my business for file distribution of legal content

Unfortunately for you, the sites that you have been using to promote access to your legal software, have also been providing links to illegal software. It is this illegal activity and breeching of copyrights that has caused the issue of banned sites.

You could always use a reputable service that does not have any illegal activity, to promote the links to your legal torrents.

You could also self host on your Virgin account, for FTP or HTTP access to your files.

You could also self host on your Virgin account, for a torrent server and promote links direct to your end users.

You could also use one of the many cloud services for storage of your files. Either free or payed.

There are many free web space/hosting packages available. You can also use these for distribution of your files.

You could also use one of the numerous paid services available on the web.

How many files do you need to share?

What are they?

What are their sizes?

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
robson689

See the thing is you just have to do a quick google search and you'll have a list of maybe 50 or more websites to bypass the censorship. It's really a pointless task on behalf of the courts.

Please use plain text.