Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
PlanetGong

Remove Radial Point ?

Hi,

McAfee insists that I remove Radial Point. Can I safely do so ? How ?

Thks.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Re: Remove Radial Point ?

Hi PlanetGong,

You can remove Virgin Security by going to control panel>programs and features/add remove programs.

Find Virgin Security in here and uninstall it, this should then allow you to install McAfee.

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
peakdiesel

I've never installed Virgin Media Security, however when I recently tried to reinstall McAfee I am asked to remove the programme Radial Point.  I've looked in Control Panel>Add Remove Programmes and can't see Radial Point.  I've read in other correspondence that Virgin Media have sent Personal Messages to customers to advise them how to remove Radial Point.  Could you please explain to me how to remove Radial Point, in order that I can reinstall McAfee again.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
TomRayward

I need to remove Radial Point as well, and do not have Virgin Security or Radial Point listed in my programs listed. Can you assist with how to remove this program as clearly it conflicts with McAfee. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi TomRayward and peakdiesel

Neither of you have ever activated Virgin Media security so I cant imagine there is anything there to remove. Have you ever used the digital home support hub at all?

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
TomRayward

I don't have a hub, and haven't had one in the past. I did have Virgin Media Security in the past, but the program was removed using the uninstall function on the control panel. Could something residual have remained? There were some reminder messages that came up every now and again. Perhaps the uninstall have left some marketing software?

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi TomRayward

I have sent you a PM, This should resolve the issue

Regards,

Chris Kean

Help & Support Forum Team

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
1958steveflying

I too need to remove Radial point  could tech help me please.

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Sololobo

Removal instructions are here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Internet-security/Virgin-Media-Internet-Security-FAQ/td-p/586993

--------------------
I used to answer questions, but now I question instead. Guess why.
I'm not paranoid, they are watching.
Kudos: Users giveth and VM taketh away.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
1958steveflying

I have run both tools and still cannot install McAfee as it says Radial point is still installed ! any clues ?

Please use plain text.