Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Emerging Talent
dragon48

Pc Healthcheck, Virgin Media Security, Windows 7

I have windows 7 home premium and did send an email to customer services about this problem but had no reply.

My problem is that the Virgin Media Security makes windows hang when shutting down, i have eliminated all other programes and turned the security programe off just before shut down and this allows normal shutdown.

Also the new Digital Home support Free scan does not work it just scans forever on the interface but no activity on my hard drive. I would like to use both these services but need some help.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Re: Pc Healthcheck, Virgin Media Security, Windows 7

Hi dragon48

Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling both software to see if this resolves the issues?

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Royston

Hello,

I have just been advised by Dell to uninstall VMS on my new Windows 7 machine as it has immediatley started to hang on shutdown following install, even with all other services disabled.

Do you have any advice on a fix  as now without protection!

Regards

Royston

Please use plain text.
Freakishly Helpful
Paul_McD

Hi Royston,

We have had reports of Virgin Media Security possibly causing the Shut down to not complete on some systems. This is currently under investigation by Radialpoint (VMS creators) and once we have a response we will let you know.

Regards,

Paul McD

Help & Support Forum Team

Cheers,

Paul McDonough
CCM Application Support Analyst @Virginmedia
Personal tweets @guitaraholic
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Lesley_C

I have the same problem with a Dell running Windows 7. Takes approximately 5 minutes to shutdown with Virgin Media Security running and about 5 seconds without !!! Have been through all start up items on msconfig disabling and enabling them and it's only VMS I have this problem with therefore have had to uninstall it and am now using Windows Firewall. Help would be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Lesley_C

Just found this on the Radialpoint website knowledgebase:

There are known compatibility issues with Windows 7 and Radialpoint Security Services services will not launch properly. Running Radialpoint Security Services with Windows 7 may create incompatibility issues and is not recommended.

Solution: Uninstall Radialpoint Security Services

When are they going to address this problem and fix it??

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
sloweddown

I had exactly the same problem with delayed shutdown with VMS and Windows 7 (64 bit) - see my previous posts of 14 May and 17th to 27th June

The only viable solution I could eventually find was to uninstall VMS. I have now installed AVG and Windows 7 Firewall Control (which gives bi-directional Firewall protection) which are both free and give no shut down (or any other) problems.

I spent hours trying to solve the VMS problem to no avail and if this is indeed a general problem with VMS and Windows 7 I think it is disgraceful that Virgin Media have not publicly announced that VMS is not fully compatible with Windows 7 to stop us all wasting our time.

It irks me that I am effectively paying for this in my Broadband subscription but am unable to use it.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
NonitoAV

Some of this issues are found on the net, and some of these are resolved by using third party tools

In terms of PChealth problems, just refer to some PC health advisor.

Please use plain text.