Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
JasoG13

League Of Legends Client Firewall Issues

I have recently begun playing League Of Legends, however I immediatly ran into some problems. The firewall blocks the game client even though I have forwarded the ports (via firewall -> internet access rules -> advanced -> add port or protocol -> ports 80, 443, 2099, 5222-5223, 8393-8400 TCP and 5000-5500 UDP) and allowed the client (via firewall -> internet access rules -> add new program).

However, if I change the client's status to "ask" rather that allow, it will let the game play after a short delay. So, I will improvise with this for the time being until help arises, because turning the firewall off completely is a bad idea.

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
John_Hag

Re: League Of Legends Client Firewall Issues

Hi JasoG13,

It would appear that League of Legends uses ports/protocols in addition to those published. We have seen this elsewhere. You could add new ones as and when you become aware of them but this cannot be guaranteed to resolve things completely.

Regards,
John Haggerty
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords. Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.