Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Forder27

F-Secure Download problem

I am trying to install the F-Secure program but my computer just freezes at 29% for hours and I have to then do a forced shutdown and go in to safe mode to remove the program, I didn't have a problem on the laptop it loaded straight away, any ideas???

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

Re: F-Secure Download problem

Do,you currently have a security suite on the PC?

Or was there one installed previously that you uninstalled?
If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
AWF
Good to Know
AWF

What Gary is probably about to say (might have been worth just saying it, Gary!) is that you can't run two security suites at once. If you were running the old VMS, you have to uninstall it fully before putting anything else in its place. A "control panel" uninstall may not be enough as it leaves interfering bits behind. Similarly, if F-secure has offered to uninstall your previous security, it may not have done so completely. You have to go to the FAQ near the top of this forum to download the full uninstaller.

Likewise, if you were running other security, such as MacAfee, or even if the PC was delivered with a free trial, you probably need to go to their website to download the uninstaller.

Having done that, it's worth considering whether F-secure is really worthwhile. Other permanently free security is suggested in Sololobo's post "Re Online security" at the top of the forum.

Please use plain text.
Community Lead
James_W

Hi Forder27,

Sorry to see that you're having problems installing F-Secure SAFE.

As previously suggested, make sure any old security software has been removed.

There's a useful help page here and if you require further assistance, please contact F-Secure themselves on 0844 338 0132.

All the best,

James W
Community Lead - Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Thistle

I too am having problems installing F Security but can't get past the 'RUN' stage.

Message box states 'windows cannot find the path.......you may need admin permission'

I am NOT a novice...I have followed ALL instructions exactly...downloaded required progs to.delete all VMA and registered with F Secure a month ago now and still no luck.

Numerous phone calls lasting up to 50 mins listening to the most dreadful music if you can call it that.

Will be giving it one last go tomorrow then I am off to purchase a decent AV....and very soon...goodbye Virgin hello Yourview!

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
gary_dexter

[ Edited ]

You need to be logged into windows on an administrator account

there is no need to purchase a decent AV since there are plenty of free ones out there that are equal to if not better than paid ones - but you would no that, not being a novice and all

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Thistle

Was/am logged in as administrator.

I also know there are a lot of free AV's around but honestly ca't fault Kaspersky and well worth the little extra.

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.