Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
katyparton88

Cannot download Virgin Media Anti Virus keeps saying failed

Please help
I have uninstalled my AVG anti virus as a virgin engineer told me too but i still cant download the VM anti virus? Where am i going wrong? thanks

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Re: Cannot download Virgin Media Anti Virus keeps saying failed

Hi katyparton

Please advise how far through the process of downloading the VM antivirus you are getting, and what error message (if any) you are seeing.
Kind Regards,

Steve Brett
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
tenpasenta

I'm in the same boat, I go to download the app, get to the "Download Virgin Media Security Here:", click next: and get "ERROR  There is a problem with selfcare, please try again later"

I've tried another account name but it says I have to download via main axccount holder...which I can't.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
tenpasenta

I can't download the anti-virus, I can't use the pho print option.....do you think my account is messed up? I'm using the main account holder sign in.

Please use plain text.
AWF
Good to Know
AWF

The usual problem is that when you uninstalled AVG (or whatever security you had installed), it left bits of itself behind that interfere with VMS. You have to go to AVG's website and download the uninstaller. Then try again.

However, why would anyone want to replace free AVG, which usually runs efficiently, with VMS, which often doesn't? There are other free suites available, too, if you've got issues with AVG. See Sololobo's post "VMS Alternatives", which is somewhere in this forum for excellent suggestions.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
tenpasenta

I just uninstalled avast pro which is due to run out, I just guessed that maybe this virgin one maybe better than a free one, it would have been nice to have a look. thanks for the info, i've had problems since day one with my account association access,I just wondered if this was another.

Please use plain text.
AWF
Good to Know
AWF

Well, by all means try it, but the evidence so far is that VMS varies from no better than any of the other free suites to absolutely dire and unworkable, depending on your system. You might be lucky, but be prepared to feel that you've wasted your time. None of the Whiz-kids in the forum seem to use it. (I'm not a whiz kid, but I don't, either.) Check out Sololobo, anyway, then decide.

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
tenpasenta

I'll stick to the usual free stuff in that case.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mrsgilly14

I am having the same problem keeps trying to install then says installation failed
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
James_C

Hi tenpasenta,

I am sorry you are having issue with My Virgin Media.  I have had a look at your account and if you follow this link - https://my.virginmedia.com/create-profile/register and complete all of the steps and still get an error message, you will need to call us on 151 from a Virgin landline or 0845 454 1111 to go through this with you.

Kind Regards,

James_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.