Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
czb
Fresh as a Daisy
czb

Apype?

I am currently being plagued by messages from Apype.com when I use Google search.  Does anyone know how to get rid of these.  Can Virgin security help?

Thanks

Clive

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Sololobo

Re: Apype?

It looks like you've been hit with a "browser hijacker" malware infection.

Try an anti-malware product such as MBAM (MalwareBytes Anti Malware) or SuperAntiSpyware to remove it.

It may be wise to reset your hosts file to the default as well, see here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/972034

If this infection managed to avoid being picked up by VMS then I don't think Virgin Security can help.

--------------------
I used to answer questions, but now I question instead. Guess why.
I'm not paranoid, they are watching.
Kudos: Users giveth and VM taketh away.
Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Sololobo

Re: Apype?

Yes, you should have some form of anti-virus software installed and running when connected to the internet. Not to do so is asking for trouble.

It's advisable to have an anti-malware solution running in parallel with an anti-virus program. Viruses and malware are not the same things.

Run on demand anti-malware software such as Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Spybot Search and Destroy and Lavasoft AdAware can be used in conjunction with an anti-virus solution to help keep your computer secure.

A good, configurable firewall will also help. Zone Alarm and Comodo are both free options which can be considered.

Paid for, all in one security suites are available form Mcafee and Norton, to mention just two, other options are available.

Whatever options you decide on, make sure the software is updated regularly, use real-time scanning where available and run regular scans.

--------------------
I used to answer questions, but now I question instead. Guess why.
I'm not paranoid, they are watching.
Kudos: Users giveth and VM taketh away.
Please use plain text.