Fresh as a Daisy
aussieii

Ad-blocker not working fully

I have Virgin Media Security total, OS is Windows 7 Pro
Ad-blocker is turned on (green indicator) but I keep getting a popup along the lines
"Speed up your PC
... free healthcheck...
...Virgin Media"

I havn't found any popup selectivity switches in the security package. How do I stop this anoying popup?

TIA

Aussie ii

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Champs

Re: Ad-blocker not working fully

This might not be the case and something might need changing, but I dont believe there is an ad-blocker out there that blocks 100% all ads. The crafty people who design the popups are always working on new ways to beat the blockers.

Fresh as a Daisy
aussieii

Hi

I've since found the popups blocked list (Virgin Media Security 'Home' > AdBlocker > Blocked Ads)

(Like Microsoft it is easy when you know where it is).

Two questions:
1. If I add Virgin.com and VirginMedia.com to this list will this adversely affect any interactions with Virgin other than popups?
2. If that is a valid proposition do updates to the list of blocked addresses add to the list or do they overwrite the entire list, thus deleting any custom entries?

TIA

Aussie II

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Dave_O

Hi aussieii,

Adding the domains to the list should have any adverse effects other than blocking advertisements and pop-ups.

Adding the domains should not overwrite any existing domains in the list.

Hope that helps.

David Owen
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
aussieii

Thank you for your help.  

I have since found a small link "Do not display again". Did I just not notice it or has it been added since my first question? Consequently I now cannot confirm that these NTL sales messages have been blocked.   

I can, however, confirm that the domains that I added to Blocked Ads have not been removed by subsequent updates.

Please use plain text.