Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
karen1469
Helpful Answer

Xbox 360 terrible internet connection!

i can sign into my xbox live but it will take a while some times it disconnects me straight away, i have turnt off my router and xbox reset things tested my connection on my xbox it says its on 3 out of 4 bar, but when i play online on call of duty modern warfare 3 it laggs (bad connection) i cant even move my charater around i have only played this game im sure it will be the same on other games, also i have 30mb download speed! what is the problem i also changed from sky today and had no problem with them, i speed tested my laptop and also got 31mb .... any one help thanks

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Re: Xbox 360 terrible internet connection!

Have a look here and try it :smileyhappy:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/tutioral-on-how-to-port-forward-mw3-on-ps3-and-xbox/td-p/...

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
karen1469

i have tried this it didnt work, i still have bad connection online, thanks for the link any other advice ?

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Sadly no I only pick ed the info from that thread, I don't own/use consols - pc gamer :smileyhappy:

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
Awayze

[ Edited ]

If you are on Wifi then you will have to change the wireless channel and use the option "upto 145mbps". If you're on Ethernet, welcome to the worst broadband for gaming!

Also MW3 has lag issues since last patch anyway, there are 1000's of tweets on 402's Twitter every day about the lag issue.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
karen1469

im on wireless but i dont know how to do all that stuff, so i bought a ethernet cable and will run that to my xbox thanks for the infomation.

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
Awayze

Http://192.168.0.1 from a web browser. admin as the username and changeme as the password. Go to advanced settings>wireless settings, change the options to upto 145mbps and channel to 6 or 11. Try that.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
karen1469

thanks this worked! hopefully it holds up cheers

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
NonExistentGod

I would like to say that i am having a problem that sounds similar to Karens. Here is a link leading to a thread on the Xbox Support Forum that other Xbox Live users are posting on

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/241532.aspx?PageIndex=8

My Xbox User name is NonExistent God and my posts are on pages 6 and 8. My posts describe my problem exactly and i think it is very similar to what is happening to most other people on that thread. Any help is appreciated but by the sounds of it i think the problem may be on Virgin's side.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
adam931

Getting same problem since Friday last week, wireless connection to all other devices are fine sometimes and so is my wired connection to my PC unless its at peak times where its just shocking. I have 10mb service with super hub, xbox live signs in but disconnects every 5-10mins. I have tried the port forwarding to open all the ports for xbox live but this did not resolve the issue. I have a wired connection to my xbox.

Only one thing i have noticed is when i checked the network settings last night on my xbox the IP address was a load of random numbers and not the IP address it should have been. So i cleared it and tried to connect again, it connected and the ip address changed back to what it always was but got disconnected in less than 4 mins! Is there anything else i can try?

I thought about clearing the cache on the xbox, havent yet as im pretty sure this has nothing to do with network data/settings on the xbox, am i right?

Very frustrating - to think i gave up a adsl bt connection at less than 2mb speed where i had no problem ever with online gaming. Hoping VM was going to be faster and better service, now im stuck with a connection thats all over the place, lag everyday when i play, connection drop outs and now cant even connect to xbox live for more than 5/10 mins.

Im open for suggestions or advice purely because im now tied into a contract with VM. If i wasnt i would get rid to be honest. Thank you

Please use plain text.