Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

Tutorial On How To Get Open NAT With PS3

Hi people am going to show you how to get a open NAT all the time for those that keep getting strict and moderate NAT types.

CREATING A STATIC IP ADDRESS ON YOUR PS3

Your going to need to do this because your ps3 is currently set to dynamic ip witch means every time your ps3 is rebooted or superhub gets reset it will automatically assign your ps3 with a new ip address and we don't want that to happen follow these instructions on how to set a static ip address up.

1 Go login to your superhub on http://192.168.0.1 then go on Advanced Settings then go on Basic Settings and it should give you your.WAN SubNet Mask & WAN Primary DNS & WAN Secondary DNS write those down on abit of paper because u will need them to enter on your ps3.

2 Go on to your ps3 then go on to network settings then go on internet connection settings go on custom choose your your connection wired connection or wireless then you should get to ip address settings choose manual you should get this come up.

IP    Address        192.168.0.000   <------now enter this here but at the last box enter any number form 10 to 255

Subnet Mask        000.000.000.000 <-------Now enter your subnet mask from superhub here 

Default Router       000.000.000.000 <-------enter this here 192.168.0.1

Primary DNS        000.000.000.000 <-------enter your WAN Primary DNS of superhub here

Secondary DNS    000.000.000.000 <-------enter your WAN Secondary DNS of superhub here

Once you've entered all that click accept then automatic on MTU then do not use on Proxy Server then Enable UPnP then test your connection it should connect if it doesn't connect then go back to the ip address settings and enter another number in the last box on the ip address.and it should work ,

3 Go back to your superhub and login on http://192.168.0.1 and go on Advanced Settings again then go on DMZ Host and type your ip address of your ps3 in the box there then click apply.

Now sign out of your superhub and thats it everytime you go on a game your NAT will be open and will never change hope this helps all you people who are having problems with online gaming on ps3

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XL TV 1x 500Gb TiVo 1x V+HD 1x VHD 152Mb BB XL Phone
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

Re: Tutorial On How To Get Open NAT With PS3

Also hers the port forwarding tutioral for ps3 mw3                                http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming/tutioral-on-how-to-port-forward-mw3-on-ps3-and-xbox/td-p/...

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Dimpee

My PS3 has a Type 2 NAT type, is that good?
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

Hi m8 yer type 2 is the best 1 thats what mine is

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
silveryfox

[ Edited ]

Thanks Jim this has worked a treat.

Much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

yer no worries m8 nice to no its worked for you

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
jtp2007

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the clear tutorial. Just one question - will this improve download speeds/internet connection speed in general?

Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

Hi m8 yes it should make your Internet alot better on ps3 but speeds on the ps3 are really strange i can only get 50 to 60 mb if I do a speedtest from my ps3 browser a think the firewall on ps3 interferes with it. To get the best speed connect using wired connection  

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
KraigA

Appologies for reviving an old thread, but how do we get Nat Type 1 with virgin media? All the tutorials I've seen, say the best method is to go into your IP settings (on ur PS3) and enable PPPoE and enter your PPPoE ISP account details.... I contacted VM Help and they didnt even know what it was.....   Any help?

Note: I have Nat Type 2 and no, Nat Type 1 IS better.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

type 2 Nat is what have got on my ps3 thats what you want you will only get a type 1 Nat if your modem is not supported by a firewall if you want a type 1 Nat then turn your superhub into modem mode then connect an ethernet cable directly to your ps3 then make a new connection on ps3 network settings it should come up with a type 1 Nat then hope that helps 

Please use plain text.