Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Emerging Talent
Toffeeman

Killing Floor high latency issues

Since the beginning of November I've been getting extremely high latency in the game Killing Floor, and im talking a 900+ ping on every server I connect to, making it totally unplayable. Day, night, its the same story all of the time..

I did a traceroute to a few KF game servers on HLSW and they all reported that my LAN ping is fine, so my PC and/or router are not at fault. It's just as soon as it passes through the VM servers the ping keeps rising. No other game in my library is having this issue.

Seems obvious to me then that the client ports for the game (7707-7717 UDP) have been throttled recently by VM, the question is, why??

Any feedback would be greatly appreicated.

(also F.Y.I im on the national broadband unlimited package)

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Toffeeman

Re: Killing Floor high latency issues

Just to follow up on this:

Pretty much bang-on midnight last night all of the KF server pings I analysed went back to normal, right on cue. Then this evening they have, expectedly, reverted back to type. Im going to keep HLSW on and watch it closely when midnight passes tonight. If it does the same thing as last night then it will pretty much confirm my suspicions. Not that I ever doubted myself anyway..

I just hope to god that I don't have any issues with Modern Warfare 2 when I get it tomorrow, otherwise there will be hell to pay..

Please use plain text.