Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
cocodragon

Re: Elder Scrolls Online - Unplayable lag.

I have the same issue.

i'm not sure what the point of these forums is if Virgin just ignore them and do nothing (or even comment)

Guys, if we want to play ESO, shall we all go BT?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
tebbus

They won't look at the issue whilst the game is in Beta, it makes sense not to.

They're testing the servers under load.

The issue is, that many people we're playing with (who are also based in the EU/UK) aren't having any of the same issues.

I'm getting:
Persistent time out every 15 minutes or so
Constant unplayable lag without using workarounds

And as always, it works between midnight and 10am - then boom, as if something is turned on/off and everything breaks again.

I have exactly the same issue with Neverwinter.
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Shelke

cocodragon wrote:

I have the same issue.

i'm not sure what the point of these forums is if Virgin just ignore them and do nothing (or even comment)

Guys, if we want to play ESO, shall we all go BT?

If you're happy having a proverbial door slammed in your face, then why not. See this post here on BT support forum: https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity-Speed-Connection/BT-Infinity-and-Fifa-routing-issues-continu...

The above is a thread of BT users with Fifa lag plus disconnects that just got locked recently by BT. People posted lots of tracerts, showing how they were 24 hops long (compared to 12 hops on Virgin and other ISPs) as well as the route path making unnecessary hops off in France rather than doing London > USA directly. Only for BT to lock it down with a refusal to do anything about the potential routing issues and any potential P2P throttling issues along the said BT route.

I don't know about you, but knowing that a ISP (BT) you were on would simply tell you to go away and never ask for support on a matter again wouldn't be my idea of good service.

- - - - - -
Tune: N/A
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
tebbus

At least they gave a response, which essentially explains why they can't make changes and that the faults are likely down to the users network.

Here we just get "we'll keep you posted" followed by radio silence.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
den3gi

Another try this weekend and exactly the same problem ( latency can go up to 24 k !!!). Game is unplayable while at the same time other players at same zone ( uk players with different providers) have no issues. Going through the resource monitor it seems that there multiple remote ports utilised during prime time while things seem to run very smoothly after 00:00 am => I am not very tech savy but is there a possibility that the game is being treated as peer 2 peer by VM during this time resulting in a repeat of the problems that WoW faced back in 2011?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
tebbus

Yep, happening again this weekend.

between 00:00-10am it's fine, the rest of the day it's unplayable whilst intermittently timing out from the server.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
den3gi

I made also a relevant post at ESO/beta forums in hope that this will receive reply from their moderators  since it seems this is not the case here

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
remma12

Just to add my voice to the many

I'm having the exact same issue, I do hope this is resolved prior to release. I'm trying some of the workaround that were tried for WoW but not holding out much hope

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Craig_D

Hi all

I am sorry for any problems you've experienced, we want to look into any potential issues from our side causing these problems for you.

The focus here is to find out if the same problem is being experienced by all, as an individual connection issue would also cause disconnections / lag and we wan't to ensure that anything we are testing regarding this issue is not a general slow connection speed problem.

I've contacted our networking tea to find out if any issues have been brought to our attention internally and I'll update you when I hear back from them.

If anyone who is posting in the ESO forums could keep the rest posted here that would be great too. 

Speak soon

Craig

Craig
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
rusures

Hi,

I was having the exact same problem and spoke to other Virgin media players in game that had problems. Anything your networking team has found?
Please use plain text.