Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
aidzocfc1

Cod Ghosts PC NAT Problems

Bought COD Ghosts for PC and was unable to join my friends matches or party, I then saw my NAT type was on strict, which is not allowing me to join them. I have tried a lot of things to fix this:

-Turning of windows firewall

-Turning of router firewall

-Port forward with the Cod ghosts ports 

-Resetting router a few times

-Using Ethernet 

It still doesn't work after I port forwarded I use a port scanner to see if the port is open and it says its still closed yet I am doing everything right clearly there is something wrong with the port forwarding on the superhub.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Re: Cod Ghosts PC NAT Problems

Hi aidzocfc1,

It must be so frustrating to have a new game at your fingertips but be unable to play it :smileysad:

Can you put the Hubs' firewall setting to 'low' and then enable 'UPnP'? Try this whilst connected via ethernet rather than wireless.

Additional help (specific to this game) may be found here.

I should also mention that we do have an SNR issue on your part of the network currently, ref: F002782488.

This will be causing problems with connectivity but we should have it fixed soon. Please feel free to request updates on here.

Let us know how you get on :smileyhappy:

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
aidzocfc1

I have tried the firewall low and also off and also have tried enabling and disabling the UPnP nothing seems to work with it at all
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Nicola_C

Hello aidzocfc1

It may be worth considering trying a DMZ connection for that PC. There may be reduced security with this but your firewall was off anyway?

Thanks 

Nicola_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
firefrets

YOU MUST OPEN PORT 3074

I had an issue with opening my nat type, and as a result couldn't find many games in the early hours, so wanted to share a fix.

If you don't know how to use 'port forwarding' go to this site, sellect your router brand (in my case Virgin Super hub) and then choose Call of duty ghosts from the options.

YOU MUST OPEN PORT 3074.

Unfortunately the Portforwarding site neglect to tell you this, and give you 4 other port numbers which may or may not be useful, but without 3074 (you can use 3075 and 3076 too for 2nd or 3rd pc's) your nat will remain strict

Further help is here:

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Problem-Connecting-to-an-Online-Game-for-PC/?q=pc+...

Important:

If your pc hasn't had it's static ip set up you will need to do it. Read the following link anyway just so you can be sure:

http://portforward.com/networking/static-win7.htm

Having upnp ticked and a 'low' firewall setting on your router will help too.

Enjoy the game, and hope this helps my fellow gamers.

Please use plain text.