One to Watch
robpind

Re: 80029564 and E-80103a27 error codes for PS3 and PS VITA

hi, just to comment as well, i and several people i know have had this issue with the 80029564 error code for a few months now, i have scoured the internet for any soloution but have come back with nothing, it seems turning off the firewall, port flood etc in the hub and doing a safe mode restore database in the ps3 before every download does help a bit. this error is caused by high packet loss (supposedly) but only really seems to be affecting the older fat models. will keep looking for any fixes and will post here if i can find any

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
secret_sam

Thanks for posting.

I've seen on another forum where they have found the solution to my problems at http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/General-broadband-questions/Corrupt-Downloads/td-p/146469/page/1...

I realised that i only really associated my corrupted downloads in the gaming forums, when i realised it's much bigger than that. It affects all my larger downloads no matter what medium i am using i.e. playstation 3 (slim), ps vita, laptop or Pc.

The only problem is they don't say what the solution is! and Virgin don't reply to my private messages and have never contacted me about this forum to help. Maybe i should contact them? via phone....but i already know that i going to get the run around.

I'm hoping that when Virgin doubles our speeds (July onwards for me), then maybe...just maybe, those technicians will have replaced some old possibly faulty wires at the local exchange (B19 area) with some new ones that fixed packet loss issues completely. 

If that doesn't happen....well Goodbye Virgin and Hello to Sky.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JUNGLISTJ

Hey lads, sorry i've not had much time to stay on this properly as i'm back to work off holiday. I agree sam if this keeps up we're ditchiing virgin we think- it's a shame we've been with them since they were telewest back in 2000! although i've neverseen our speed reach the stated 'up to' (50mb) the service in general is good, but the lack of assistance nulifies my confidence in the company...

Also Sam, B19? birmingham right? me too, i'm in b7. i used to live in b19- that's edgebaston if i remember correctly lol.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
robpind

this might help, this is working for me at the moment although it sometimes a couple of attempts if it doesnt work first time.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Up-to-30Mb-broadband/ps3-error-80029564-TEMP-FIX/td-p/1072567

i have scanned the files and they are virus free....

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mclankyman

I've had the same problem for months now. I've bought a new 320 gb ps3, same problem. Wireless, wired etc ... same problem. I now have just bought a new router to put the superdud into Modem mode and guess what. Still the issues persist.

I rung up virgin once for about two hours (75% on hold) spoke to about 4 asain men and woman and they couldn't do anything to help. Joke

I have playstation plus and I have so many games that I can just not download. including ones for my PS Vita.

Very very angry. Might have to join sky.
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
secret_sam

Thanks for posting guys. Can i ask what areas you guys are from, maybe we all use the same exchange, I'm in B19 Newtown (which is Birmingham Junglist :smileyhappy:)

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
robpind

im from da12 gravesend

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mclankyman

I'm from B44, Great Barr.

Rung Sony .... Dead end. said theres nothing they can do there end.

Rung Virgin.... Dead end. They said someone from IT will contact me. BS will they ring me.

Dont know where to go :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
mclankyman

Try this folks. Log on to your router (192.168.0.1 i think) and go to advanced settings. . . Go to services . . . Disable the firewall. Let me know if it works :-)
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
secret_sam

Update. I can finally download with no errors!

Hi everyone...boy have I got a story for you.

So on the 8th of August there I was on my 10mb connection still getting those corrupted downloads on anything and everything no matter what type of media player i used eg laptop, Pc, ps3 or ps vita...etc

Then on the 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th my problems were much more severe than just corrupted downloads....i could NOT download anything, I could NOT watch or stream anything eg, Youtube videos, BBC Iplayer, anything on demand....even web pages were loading incorrectly/incomplete or NOT at all... GOOGLE being one of them!

So obviously on the 12th I had had enough and decided to cancel...the fact that they had lied about my free upgrade coming in july onwards only fueled my desire to leave further (I'm not waiting another 9 months!). Anyway so I rang them up, and told them about the internet not working (i didn't mention corrupted downloads),.. he replied that it could be because of two possible reasons...1.) engineers were working at my street cabinet (doing God knows what) or 2.) because he could see that my power downstream levels were too low. He said if the problem didn't resolve itself by the next day by 9am to ring back because that would mean the problem was the downstream levels as the engineers would have finished before than.

Anyway so i rang again and was told  that my connection would come back at 12 O'clock in the afternoon....which it did!

But here's the shocker....not only was I back to 10mb but also... I NO LONGER HAD CORRUPTED DOWNLOADS!!!!

I tested all sorts of large files on my Vita, playstaion, laptop...and everything is working 100% of the time.

Not even 1 corrupted download has occured!!! Amazing!

Anyway my theory is whatever those guys were doing at my street cabinet seems to have fixed my connection....the strange part of all of this is I never reported my corrupted downloads problem anywhere but here... And I very much doubt it was anything to do with this forum as no VM Tech has ever contacted me here or replied. It was by pure chance whatever they were doing at the cabinet...(maybe upgrading to new wiring) resulted in a complete fix for me. Who knows what the real cause was...all I know is it's fixed now. I just hope it doesn't happen again as I have signed up for another 12 months as I was offered a deal I couldn't pass up.

Long story short, Internet is fixed, I'm on 60mb broadband and have had no problems for the past few days.

My advice to you is, if your still suffering from corrupted downloads is just to tell them. Otherwise your just gonna have to hope your connection fixes itself like mines did.

Please use plain text.