Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
One to Watch
secret_sam

80029564 and E-80103a27 error codes for PS3 and PS VITA

Can anyone please help me... I have been recieving the 80029564 install error on my playstation 3 for over 3 months now. I used to be able to download demo's and downloadable content from the playstion store perfectly fine, then one day i just kept getting this error code and my downloads would fail to install at 14%. I have tried numerous remedies from the online forums such as:

1) putting the ps3 into a DMZ,

2) redownloading in the foreground (i.e. not in the background)

3) Downloading straight from the modem without the router (Which worked for one download at 700mb (black ops moon map))

I can download videos and XMB themes from the playstion store fine, i can even download game patches under 90mb that i know of but for some reason, games and demo's and downloadable content all say they are corrupted at the 14% mark. I have even waited a month or so since my last attempt to redownload my dlc content for black ops hoping things would fix themselves out...but still no luck.

It seems that most people agree the answer to this problem is been to use someone else's connection however, that's not something i can do. This also seems quite silly as you would have to use someone else's connection for all future downloads.

The problems continue as today i purchased a Playstion Vita. My first download was for wipeout, this manged to download and install fine. However, all downloads after this would not install, this time the error code E-80103a27 appears at the install. I cannot even download the in game patch for uncharted golden abyss at 79mb.

I have also had problems on my pc downloading; such as zipped files which say they are corrupted (varying sizes from 10mb file to larger ones). However, this problem doesn't occur with every zipped file/download.

So please can anyone help me? switching providers now when everyone is getting double speed upgrades free would be a sad way for me to leave.

I am using a Playstion 3 SLIM 120GB bought in August of 2009. Wired connection via Ethernet cable. Firmware for ps3 is latest 4.11. My router is a D-Link DIR-615. H/W: D2 F/W: 1.00VG

Thank you for reading.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JUNGLISTJ

Re: 80029564 and E-80103a27 error codes for PS3 and PS VITA

Hey fella sorry to hear that too, you're not alone guy my symptoms are EXACTLY the same firstly having probs with my ps3, and then buying the 3g vita and purchasing several games off the psn store and getting the same trouble as you...? like you may have, we have tens of devices that make use of our connection- xbox360/wii/3ds/phones/tablets/desktops etc. with no problems at all! both my sony machines work perfectly aside downloading/installing... i've spent a small fortune calling sony/virgin with both of them not really willing to help a struggling years'-long customer. sony gave me a set of port numbers they suggest i make sure are open (see below) however, i love my gadgets but am not not really technical minded... when asking virgin to help me with this the two guys i spoke with both said we cannot assist you with this IN ANY WAY! Good sir, while i don't yet have a solution to this please make note of my ps.id: JUNGLISTJ . feel free to add me and should i find resolution to this i'll let you know- i hate when things like this happen i thought i was the only one and they forget that we pay ALOT of money for sony's/virgin's products and services!

port numbers: tcp- 80/443/5223 (range: 10070 - 10080). udp- 3478/3479/3658/10070.

Mate, if you manage to get your gear working please post your course of taken action or send me a message that would be most kind fella :-)

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

Hi m8 its best to go into Account Management > Transaction Management > Download List, select the item you want to download and then just let it download there (don't download in background try it that way and see if it works

also your not alone with this problem check ps3 forum http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Technical/Error-80029564/td-p/10349981/pa...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XL TV 1x 500Gb TiVo 1x V+HD 1x VHD 152Mb BB XL Phone
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
jimGY89

Also have you tried a restore ps3 system you could have a corrupt hard drive before doing this tho save all your saved game data to usb then copy it back on when restore is finished.

XL TV 1x 500Gb TiVo 1x V+HD 1x VHD 152Mb BB XL Phone
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
secret_sam

Hey thanks for replying and posting. I think since i already tried putting my ps3 in a DMZ, then port forwarding would be redundant as with DMZ you open all the ports up including the ones the ps3 uses. Have you tried downloading with anyone else's connection i.e non virgin media broadband?

My psn id is secret_sam

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
secret_sam

Thanks for posting but like i mentioned i have tried many of the answers in the online forums including the transaction management method in the foreground. This did not work and neither did the following;

Restore Default Settings

Restore File System

Rebuild Database

The only one i did not try is Restore PS3 System (which deletes all data and wipes the hard drive clean)

This would be the the last resort before swithing providers... the only reason i have not done this is because i already have about 60+gb worth of downloaded content which means that if this did not fix the problem i would be in a worse off position then i am now. I already cannot redownload content that i have downloaded and deleted in the past numerous times such as my map packs.

What really bugs me is the fact that my brand new PS vita is suffering the equivalent problem of not installing demos. I did manage to finally install my in game patch for Uncharted Golden Abyss at 79mb after about 15-20 attempts but still no luck with the FIFA demo and Reality Fighters demo. I have not tried other demo's but i figure i will more than likely get the same error codes.

There has to be a reason for these error codes and a permanant fix/solution to them.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JUNGLISTJ

Dont bother mate, i tried this- it took nearly ten hours so set it to do one night before i went to bed... still no cigar :-(

i did however, download stardust delta via my ps3 from the vita section on the store, then transfer to vita and that worked, but wipeout and varios other games and demos didn't work. you try?

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
secret_sam

i managed to download unit 13 in one attempt but then i followed up with fifa and reality fighters again but both failed. I will try via content manger as you have done through the ps3 store and see what happens. 

Hey has anyone tried using a non virgin media connection?

I did not bother port forwarding  JUNGLISTJ, i don't think it would make a difference considering the DMZ did not work.

What methods have you tried to resolve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
JUNGLISTJ

You're right sam, i had virgin's 'digital home support' open all the psn portd for me (which i had to pay for as i'm no good at computers lol!) and the same problems persist. since then i have tried downloading from my workplace's wifi- NO PROBLEM AT ALL. however as the connection is very weak/slow i didn't have timeto download all my files. i wil again spend more money calling sony to report this as they've taken an extensive amount of detail as to our problem and are very poorly trouble shooting... but after looking on the playstation forums the're many many others having the same issues using other internet providers s i don't think it's virgins fault i'd say...? there seemed to be people all over the world, i recall one guy asking from NZ/AUS, states, and other parts of EU.

If i didn't have so much invested in ps3/psn i'd have thrown the towel in a long time ago this is just too much hassle for my liking which is ashame.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
secret_sam

Yeah what your saying is true, it is affecting people all over the globe but that doesn't change the fact that there has to be a common cause...once we can figure out the cause we can find a solution.. this problem/error code has been around for years. I don't get what Sony has been doing all this time, and why no one has a fix for us. I still have £25 worth of credit that i haven't used in store. Its a waste of money cause i cant download what i've purchased or am going to purchase.

I did manage to download an ar game table football today at 275mb but not the ar game at 305mb? and over. It seems the lower the file size the better your chances are of a successful install.

I think Sony should just update/patch the download manager to check for errors whilst it is downloading. THIS WOULD SOLVE EVERYONE'S PROBLEMS...and time.

Please use plain text.