Menu
wwsearle
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

xbox one strict nat with super router 3

my xbox one is hardwired to super router 3 but my nat is always strict causing gaming issues have tried dmz , port forwarding and static ip address but no luck but if I connect it wireless then I get open nat any ideas ,also unable to port forward 53 router says it is reserved is there any other settings that im missing on the router cannot seem to find a lot of info about this super router v3

thanks

wayne

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: xbox one strict nat with super router 3

wwsearle wrote:

my xbox one is hardwired to super router 3 but my nat is always strict causing gaming issues have tried dmz , port forwarding and static ip address but no luck but if I connect it wireless then I get open nat any ideas ,also unable to port forward 53 router says it is reserved is there any other settings that im missing on the router cannot seem to find a lot of info about this super router v3

thanks

wayne

Try keeping the Port Forwarding active (While using the Xbox on a Static IP) but turn ON the Firewall. No idea why you should get Open NAT on Wi-Fi and not Wired though. Take the Xbox Out of DMZ though.

I know that sounds backwards, but it should work.

All Replies
legacy1
Hero
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

You can ask for another super hub version but all the router modes have their own problems.

You can put your super hub 3 in modem mode and get your own router.
http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

0 Kudos
StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

wwsearle wrote:

thanks

wayne

Try keeping the Port Forwarding active (While using the Xbox on a Static IP) but turn ON the Firewall. No idea why you should get Open NAT on Wi-Fi and not Wired though. Take the Xbox Out of DMZ though.

I know that sounds backwards, but it should work.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

There are issues with Xbox One and Xbox 360 and the Hub 3. Some are to do with Nat Type and in my case not being able to connect to live. (I am lucky to have another connection to run my Xbox via a Superhub 2AC)

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
wwsearle
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the replys guys ,StopItRaw your remedy worked first time

cheers

wayne

0 Kudos
StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Glad to be of service Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
rickyslim
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

I am having the same problem that your remedy appeared to solve.  -ie moderate NAT... have moved house and had same issue with a virgin super hub2 and now the 3.  i have tried opening all the ports....but cant open port 53.

I'd like to try your remedy, but not sure i am tech savvy enough to follow it.  could you explain it for a dummy?

many thanks

0 Kudos
StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I shall make an "Port Forwarding for Dummies" For the SH3/Xbox Live when I get home from work Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
rickyslim
Joining in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

you're a legend...

0 Kudos
StopItRawr
Rising star
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Guess what I forgot to do!

So, I'll add pictures tonight but:

1: Go here: http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

2: Keep that site open

3: Turn On your Xbox One

4: http://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-xbox-one <--Follow this guide, make a note of the IP you set the Xbox to (Use around 192.168.0.50 or above to avoid DHCP assigning this IP to another device)

5: Go to your Superhub 3, 192.168.0.1 and login

6: Click Advanced Settings, Then Port Forwarding

7: Refer to 1, the IP that you set the forwarding for must be your Xbox One IP. Add the ports listed, port 53 will not work as it is reserved.

8: Reboot your Xbox One

0 Kudos