Menu
jim10000
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

xbox one bandwidth usage

Hello,

I have an xbox one, and when downloading things from the store I find it quite slow to download. The other day when I checked, a game was downloading at 5-15 mbit/s.

I am connected to my hub wirelessly, but if I check my connection speed using speedtest app on my phone wirelessly I am getting about 85 mbit/s right next to be my xbox one.

Does anyone else get this poor bandwidth usage with xbox one? Is there a setting I need to change on my hub?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gds1972
Up to speed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: xbox one bandwidth usage

When I test on my Xbox One that is not wired it usually tells me it is downloading at around 20-25 meg.

If you have not already done so try switching to the 5ghz channel as there is less interference on that channel than the 2.4ghz one.

0 Kudos
Jbauer83
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do you check what speed something is being downloaded at on the XBOX one ? I know I can do an overall speed test on the console. But didn't know I could check an actual download speed
0 Kudos
Jbauer83
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Also I know the download speeds for files are shocking on Virgin using the XBOX. My friend who's on BT fibre uses wireless, I use wired 152mbps. His max speed is in the 70s. We both hit download at the same time. He downloaded the game 15mins quicker than I did.
0 Kudos
jim10000
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You can check your download speed by going to bandwidth usage in the network setting menu.

I'm already connected on 5K frequency.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey jim10000,

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering from slow downloads on your Xbox One. Do you have any way of testing your Xbox One's connection speed as gds1972 has done? I'm curious to see if the download speeds you're getting from the store are drastically different from the connection speeds the console is recording.

I'd recommend also trying a wired connection test to ensure this issue isn't being caused by wireless interference.

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos