Menu
King-Demon
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

xbox one and 3ds disconnecting...

My 3ds xl constantly disconnects online and has since i have been with virgin, but as i dont use it much i had decided it wasn't an issue and was willing to put up with it, but now my xbox has recently started to do it too. 

So i have tried a day with it being wired, and a day with it wireless and i still get the same thing disconnects on my xbox every few mins, for 1 second, which boots me out of my games online, and my chats and stops any videos i have been playing, seeing as how the only reason i am currently with virgin media at the moment is because of the internet speeds for my gaming,I'd like this to be resolved asap or i'll be looking to switch to a different ISP. especially since i think it's also ridiculous that my bill had raised twice within a 5-6 month period last year too.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
EL9916
Dialled in
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: xbox one and 3ds disconnecting...

Seems lately this is a new issue that has come up, myself and others are having this problem. I can't garantee it will work full time but may just be a temp solution, but try setting up a guest network and connecting your xbox to that. I tried it last night and it did stay stable. 

Hopefully it'll help you until someone from VM gets back to you.

0 Kudos
fleaboobash
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Same here mate, so frustrating... All we can do is wait for VM to sort it out.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi King-Demon, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had trouble with connection to Xbox Live. 

I am currently investigating issues with this in connection to the Superhub 2 AC. 

I have noted down the details and will let you know as soon as we know more.

As for the 3DS, I have not heard of anyone having the same issue with this device. 

It may help to give our Getting the best Wireless Network Signal help page a go. 

Are you getting any kind of error message on the device? 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi fleaboobash, 

Thank you for also getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have had similar trouble.

I have added the details provided to be investigated further.

I can also see that it seem that you are affected by fault ref F004038862 for slow speeds at peak times. 

I have popped those details across to the team that deals with this type of issue and they will contact you as soon as they can with some more information. 

We should have more news on this fault after 08/03/2017. 

Additionally EL9916 I have also added your details to be investigated further for the Xbox live issue with the Super hub AC 2. 

Speak to you all soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Can you make a sticky about the current xbox VM issue?
0 Kudos
hjd420
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So we are expected to put up with this problem until March?!

0 Kudos
shikariunite
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

March?
0 Kudos
hjd420
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

shikariunite wrote:
March?

"We should have more news on this fault after 08/03/2017. "

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi All, 

Just to clarify the fault reference I have provided to fleaboobash is specific to their connection. There is a slow speed issue in the area their connection is on. It is not connected to the Xbox live Superhub 2 AC issue. 

Apologies for the confusion. 

Many thanks

Emma

0 Kudos