Menu
Jammo269
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

xbox one IPv6

Hi, up until a couple of days ago I was able to access online multiplayer stuff on my xbox one fine but now I'm getting an error message saying it can't get a teredo IP address. Something about IPv6 issues. Is anyone else having this problem or know how to fix? 

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: xbox one IPv6

elJambo
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem with my superhub. I tried everything and I mean absolutely everything. It consumed the best part of a day and couldn't get a permanent fix. When I switched the superhub to modem mode it then worked fine. The problem with this is that it means that you will kill the internet for every other device in your house. 

As a quick fix for now.... Until this issue can eventually be resolved, I've bought a wireless router. (Anything but netgear as that who makes the superhub). Put the superhub into modem mode and used the new router. Now it is working fine. Xbox support are saying it seems to be a problem with the router and sure enough a new router solves the issue.

I'd like to hear from Virgin Media on this one? It's not just an isolated issue...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello All

Sorry you are having problems, it does sound like a possible hub firewall issue. Did you try adding the ports in the article or just using uPnP making sure it is on in the hub or perhaps DMZ ? Is it just the Superhub that seems to be doing it or all the hubs?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
elJambo
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola. Thanks for the reply.

I have tried everything. uPnP, port forwarding, DMZ. You name it.

The issue is with with the superhub it seems. If I enable modem mode the issue with the xbox clears but of course this kills the internet for all the other devices in the house. To get round it I am using a basic ASUS router connected to the superhub-in modem mode. This isnt ideal though as it doesnt have the same wireless performance.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello elJambo

Thanks for your efforts, shame you are unable to get it working. I will send you a forum private message to discuss a replacement hub, please reply when you have a minute.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos