Menu
mucckker
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

xbox connection

Hi there just got the virgin package with the new hub 3 and can't connect to online gaming cod it will only let me sign in, been told by xbox microsoft that i need to contact virgin about ports Mar: I'mt truly sorry to hear that Bren. However if that's the case then we reall advice you to provide these ports to your ISP.

Mar: Xbox Live requires the following ports to be open:
Mar: •Port 88 (UDP)
Mar: •Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Mar: •Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Mar: •Port 80 (TCP)
Mar: I know how you feel about this one. I'm a gamer my self too and I have personally experienced this issue before.
Mar: Rest assure that after this you

this is part of the conversation any ideas

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: xbox connection

Hi mucckker,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you're suffering problems connecting to COD online.  We don't block any of those ports by default, so that shouldn't really be a problem.  It might be worth setting up port forwarding for those specific ports in your hub though to see if that helps at all.

Just to be on the safe side, I've run some checks and don't see any current issues with your connection on the hub or the network.  Let us know how you get on with that, hopefully the port forwarding will help!

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
mucckker
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys thanks for the replies, i have a new virgin media super hub 3 a white one,for the virgin 200 internet speed, and testing internet connection on the xbox i am getting a yellow Y between the super hub and internet symbols,so have taken my xbox to a friends house who has virgin hub one i think and done the same test and no problem, never played a game online on it, so have ordered a super hub 2 instead so fingers crossed, or its another journey to my friends to play online COD 

regards 

0 Kudos
mucckker
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Forgot to say virgin tech people had opened all the ports on my white super hub 3 and NAT type it moderate,same NAT type as my friends will be setting up the my super hub 2 later today

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey mucckker,

Thanks for getting back to us, let me know how things are when you've got that new hub set up.  I hope it allows you to use the Xbox and connect to online games.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos