Menu
Forum Team
Message 11 of 21 (332 Views)

Re: xbox One AGAIN!

Hi steelysteph,

Thanks for getting back to us and apologies you are still having an issue with the Xbox connection.

Have you set any port forwarding rules within the Hub 3 at all? If so, did this make a difference?

When you get chance can you try a connection whilst the Hub is in modem mode to see if that will work please?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Just joined
Message 12 of 21 (246 Views)

We have more than one Xbox and they are all experiencing issues with downloading updates.  If I tether my phone they download fine.  Any updates only get so far and never complete.  Seems to be a VM networking issue.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 13 of 21 (317 Views)

Hi Sam

Modem mode makes no difference.

If I try Port Forwarding I get a warning that Port 88 has been added as a virtual server already - see attached pic. (Could this be a clue to the problem?)

I've tried a full reset of SH3 but that makes no difference.

To summarise:

• Connect to SH3 in Router Mode (cabled) - IP address allocated but no connection to the internet.
  • Connect to SH3 in Router Mode (WiFi 2.4 GHz) - IP address allocated but no connection to the internet.
  • Connect to SH3 in Router Mode (WiFi 5 GHz) - IP address allocated but no connection to the internet.
  • Connect to SH3 in Modem Mode (using Airport Extreme as Router) - IP address allocated but no connection to the internet.
  • Connect to BT Broadband (cabled) - Immediate connection to the internet.
  • Connect to BT Broadband (WiFi) - Immediate connection to the internet.
  • Connect to iMac WiFi Hotspot which is connected to SH3 via cable - Immediate connection to the internet.

Port 88.jpg

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 14 of 21 (308 Views)

Just an off the wall thought.  Does your XBone get a reserved DHCP lease, or static ? Either way it would be the same IP address and I'm wondering if you changed the IP would it help ? When you are on BT and on the Hotspot I'm guessing the IP address is different ?

The other change you can try, is to use static DNS on the XBone, either Google's 8.8.8.8. & 8.8.4.4. or OpenDNS 208.67.222.222. & 208.67.220.220

You could also go with a DualWAN router as I mentioned earlier, and have both BT and VM at the same time ?

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 15 of 21 (301 Views)

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the ideas Adduxi

Changing IP doesn't help either, I've also carried out a hard reset of XBone with zero success.

I can't afford to go down the dualWAN route, I don't see the point anyway since the VM connection is useless as far as the Xbox is concerned.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 16 of 21 (272 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you haven't got anywhere unplugging from the wall, or hard resetting, you could as a last resort, try the console reset from the trouble-shooter screen.

To bring up the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

1. Power off your console, and then unplug the power cable to ensure that the console is completely powered off. 
2. Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.
3. Press and hold the BIND button (located below the Xbox button on the console) and the EJECT button (located on the front of the console), and then press the Xbox button on the console. 
4. Continue holding the BIND and EJECT buttons for 10-15 seconds. 
5. Listen for two “power-up” tones a couple of seconds apart. You can release the BIND and EJECT buttons after the second power-up tone.
6. The console should power up and take you directly to the Xbox Startup Troubleshooter.
7. Select Reset this Xbox (Keep games and apps)

Remember to chose the option to keep all your games and apps.

The only thing you'll have to do again, is the brief console setup routine, adding your locale, language, profile etc.

Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1e8bSs3
Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One: http://bit.ly/1dCNLm0
xBox Support: http://bit.ly/1lE2QrK
Xbox One operating system versions and system updates: http://bit.ly/1NiJS1j

www.twitch.tv/familycreations

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 17 of 21 (267 Views)

I'll try that when I get a chance Sonar.

However, as I've said, the console connects to other ISPs (including via 4g using my iPhone hotspot) without issue.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 18 of 21 (240 Views)

Tried the full troubleshooting restart without success.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 19 of 21 (208 Views)

AARRGGGGG!!!

A full reset of the xbox and SH3, a new CAT6 cable (5 metres) between xbox and SH3 and still nothing! BUT ............

..... Why does my xbox think I'm connected to my old Sky Hub?

Sky_.jpg

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 20 of 21 (205 Views)

I also use a Vigor 2860 and have both VM and BT.   I also have two Xbox.  It will be three when Scorpio ships.   None of my xboxen send any traffic via the VM connection.   This is because BT are  now issuing IPV6 addresses, both have unique addressable routable IP addresses, before they did this I had one xbox sending data down the VM pipe the other down the BT one and it was still a bit hit and miss.

So VM - for gamers IPV6 is a deal breaker, all this port forwarding/NAT hacking ends.   The only reason you have any Xbox gamers using your broadband network is because the penny hasn't yet dropped for most of them, when it does you are going have a mass exodus on your hands.

0 Kudos