Menu
Superfast
Message 1 of 21 (944 Views)

xbox One AGAIN!

So, my Xbox one won't connect yet again!

I've tried wired and wireless (5ghz and 2.4ghz) without success.  Connection using my back-up BT broadband service is fine so it isn't a Microsoft or console issue.

Sigh Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 21 (902 Views)

Re: xbox One AGAIN!

Hello steelysteph

I am sorry you are having difficulties connecting the Xbox. So difficult to retrospectively diagnose the reason. The line hub and historical area data all look good. At the moment it looks like you have a multitude of devices connected to the hub both wireless and wired. Is it working now?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 3 of 21 (893 Views)

Hi Nicola

Yes, I do have many devices connected, both cabled and wired, and they all work except for the xbox one.

As I said in my original post my xbox works fine on my BT broadband so there's no issue with my equipment.  This has been going on for too long now, please admit that VM have a problem with xbox connections and ask the developers to find a solution, either with a SH3 fix or join the 21st century and stat using IPv6.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 21 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you have both BT and VM broadband, why not use a DualWAN Router.?  

This is the way I have mine. Using a Draytek Vigor 2860 at present without any issues, and this issues IPv6 addresses via BT to any kit that requests it.

I need the redundancy for work and this way either circuit can go down and it does not matter.  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 5 of 21 (851 Views)

Nicola_C wrote:

Hello steelysteph

I am sorry you are having difficulties connecting the Xbox. So difficult to retrospectively diagnose the reason. The line hub and historical area data all look good. At the moment it looks like you have a multitude of devices connected to the hub both wireless and wired. Is it working now?

Thank you

Hi Nicola

Any ideas? Not a happy customer here Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 21 (823 Views)

Hey there steelysteph,

Thanks for keeping in touch Smiley Happy

Apologies for the Xbox connection problems. So just so I'm clear, does it appear connected but now allow access to Xbox live etc, or just it literally not even attempt to connect? Does this happen wireless and hard-wired? Does your Xbox get given an IP address at all?

Speak soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 7 of 21 (811 Views)

Hi Heather_J

It's the same on cabled and wifi, the xbox connects to the SH3 and is allocated an IP but it is unable to connect to the internet.  All other devices are connecting without any problem and my xbox will connect if I use my BT broadband.

IMG_0674.JPGIMG_0675.JPG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 21 (784 Views)

Hey there steelysteph,

Thanks for the screen shot!

I've done a bit of research on the 'additional authentication needed' error that you're getting and I found that you need to turn off two step verification. Here's the link I found that shows you how to disable this option.

Let me know if this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 9 of 21 (771 Views)

Hi Heather,

I don't have two step activated, also as I've said - I can connect without any problems if I use my BT broadband.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 10 of 21 (728 Views)

Here's an update - Still no connection on wired or WiFi.

However, I have an iMac connected to the SH3 via ethernet and if I allow network sharing and connect the xbox to the Mac via WiFi it's a miracle - I can connect to xbox live and I'm able to play online.

Answers on a postcard please ......

0 Kudos