Menu
deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

xbox 360 failed to connect to live

morning all' my sons 360 was working fine a couple of days ago but now all we get is failed everytime when it comes to the network test in the 360 test xbox live connection' it says its connected to the network ok and the internet passes ok but fails on the live part everytime i've factory reset my hub 3.0' has there been a firmware update recently that has stopped it from working because it was working fine before. thanks

I am in an OVERSUBSCRIBED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - Contention reference F003570038, ongoing since March 2016
0 Kudos
jontym
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: xbox 360 failed to connect to live

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Started happening about 3 days ago.

I use my Superhub in modem mode and use a proper router for wifi etc. I even went as far as resetting the router to factory settings but made no difference.

Have checked the Xbox on another internet connection and it works fine there.

0 Kudos
jontym
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just spent 25 minutes on the phone to Virgin Media, what a complete waste of time. First they tried to sell me some sort of 'gadget rescue' subscription. Then they gave me a load of nonsense and eventually hung up on me.

deano2012
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thanks jontym for replying' seems im not the only one then' i've also tried the 360 at a friends house who is on with sky broadband and it worked first time' like you say its only happened over the last few days' just been on the phone to them also and to honest it was pointless' the reason why i posted is because we have a xbox one for xmas day and im just hoping that dont do the same thing Smiley Sad

I am in an OVERSUBSCRIBED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - Contention reference F003570038, ongoing since March 2016
0 Kudos
TinkerMan2
Just joined
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have been having the same sort of problems for the last 3 days too. Have old white original 360, which still connects, but newer 360 slim will not connect to xbox live at all.

I have been through all the 'help / guidance' I can find and spent over 3 hours with Microsoft help. They think it is the console and wanted to charge me to fix it. However, I discovered that it will connect if I use mobile data via phone, so not the console.

I tried Traceroute to xbox live server and connection does about 26 hops to Microsoft servers and then seems to die. I think it is something to do with a Virgin / Microsoft routing issue, but have no idea why one 360 works and the other doesn't....

Cheers

0 Kudos
jontym
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

how did you do the tracert? from laptop?

I am using my Superhub 2 in modem mode with a DD-WRT router.

What config are you guys using?

0 Kudos