Menu
Hotstepper
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

what a joke

I declare virgin media the worst internet provider. I have problems for over 6 7 months still they didn't fixed them. I've called, post on forum for so long and my internet still is garbage. I pay for 100mb and get 11 mb at night, loss/choke all the time and all they do is talk and write me back.. You said june is when they are comming to fix the issue. I'm done with this company. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
DABhand
Super solver
Message 12 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: what a joke

Should be around the 2-3dbmv for your downstream power levels now.

Hopefully during peak time you will notice if there is an improvement or not.

Also I do not work for VM, so I cannot do checks on your line. But you can do it easily by just doing what you normally do.

Majide!
0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hotstepper

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the slow speeds that you have been experiencing.

I'm unable to locate your details to run some checks so I will send you a private message (red envelope top left hand corner) for some additional information and get this looked into.

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hotstepper
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've send it

0 Kudos
Jack123
Up to speed
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hotpepper, you've posted in the gaming section. Is this related to a console?

If you're noticing these issues on Xbox One, it may be related to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/3cpwme/in_the_uk_experiencing_slow_downloads_on_xbox/
Hotstepper
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

thank you but I'm a pc gamer... I just have low speeds at night and loss of data and choke.

0 Kudos
Hotstepper
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

What's this all about ?

http://imgur.com/tgz8dQj,q1YTaCa

there are 2 pictures in the link, click on Second Picture.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hotstepper

Thanks for replying to my message.

I've been able to run a few checks on your connection. Everything on the modem side is looking healthy. There is a peak time slow speed ticket linked to your cable raised under reference F003510720. The estimated review date is for the 19/08/205. 

Outside peak times it's looking ok and shouldn't cause any problems. There aren't any updates at the moment, the last one is awaiting a date for work to begin upgrading the network. If you are able to bump the thread in a week or so we can check if there any further updates available.

You can also contact our customer services team on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 to arrange a loss of service credit quoting the fault reference

Thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Hotstepper
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

it's 22nd now whats happening ?

0 Kudos
Hotstepper
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

nothing changed after 19th like you said they gonna do something.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

8th month is August which is next month, not this month.

And to be honest it looks like your Downstream power levels are low, but that is my opinion.

So not sure if they will boost it for you or not.

Do you have an attenuator in the back of your Superhub where the cable from the wall goes in to the back? It sits between that cable and the connection on the superhub, silver and metal. If you do remove that and attach your cable directly without it.

Majide!
0 Kudos