Menu
samDeadman
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

virgin media not delivering

so had virgins 200mb package for about a month and constantly suffering ping spikes which have reached up to around 12000 making any online game unplayable, ive rana ll sorts of speed tests and checks and tried using ethernet, all the usual solutions posted on here, could it be my box? i spoke to the webchat help and they said the box was fine but i cant see what else it could be. We're paying for a package which says it can manage everyone streaming or downloading etc, and currently not even one of us in our house can download without the others feeling it.

any help?

preferably something different than "test your connection with this link" or "try using a ethernet cable"

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: virgin media not delivering

how about ringing them, its a lot quicker.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi samDeadman

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community.

Sorry to read that you are experiencing issues with your broadband connection.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub are showing as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running low which is good.

Are you able to post some ping test results please for us to see the ping spikes?

When you complete a speed test through a wired connection, what speeds do you achieve?

You can also set up a Broadband Quality Monitor to check the performance of the broadband.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
samDeadman
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ive taken several different images over the last few months of the ping ive been getting from this service, ive tried calling virgin more than once only to be put on hold for over an hour, and gone into the actual shop we brought the service from only for them to tell us to ring the phone number again. Im sick of paying for whats meant to be a rather good package when i cant even load google without the internet crashing and it taken around 5 minutes.

some of the pings ive reached have been 14k, 7,400, and even at one point i reached 52 thousand ping

0 Kudos
samDeadman
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

complaint

i want to send a formal complaint to virgin media because theyve truly been screwing me for the last 3 months. Im on the Vivid 200mbps package with my other housemates and sicne day one, weve never recieved anywhere near what we've been promised.

Ive rang and contacted virgin more than enough times, and been put on hold or just given stupid advice like turning the router on and off and have been trying to book an engineer for over a week without success.

How do i get in contact with the complaint office to discuss this?

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint

Looking at the other threads you have failed to provide basic diagnostics or reply to any help offered, you have no grounds to complain in my opinion untill you try to get the problem resolved with the faults team on here
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi samDeadman, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I hope you don't mind me picking this up Sam is out of office. 

I have taken a look at your connection and things seem ok from this side. I can see that Sam asked how things are on a wired connection but you haven't advised. 

Please pop the hub into modem only mode with networking and let us know if this makes a difference as it will help us to rule some things out. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: complaint

Hi samDeadman, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're wanting to make a complaint regarding your broadband connection. 

In order for us to help you, you are going to need to respond to the posts we've already answered. 

Can you come back to me with the following please:

> Are you able to post some ping test results please for us to see the ping spikes?

> When you complete a speed test through a wired connection, what speeds do you achieve?

> Please pop the hub into modem only mode with networking and let us know if this makes a difference too

Come back to us with the information we've asked for and we'll then be able to help. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos