Menu
Highlighted
Monkey_marlow
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

unfortunately i accepted the upgrade also...

so basically i have been using the suberhub 1 for the best part fo around 6 years now, with no issue at all, i couldnt complain. now i have switched to the hub 3, the difference is pretty obvious... after doing some browsing around i can see i made a horrible mistake, and by the sounds of things its one that i cannot take back. my question is this, i am still in possession of my old virgin media router, would it be possible that i can revert back to using the super1? if so how would i go about doing this...? im a competitive game and at peak times its just unplayable at times.

any reply much appreciated.

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: unfortunately i accepted the upgrade also...

The Superhub 1 can only (just) do 100Mbps. If you've upgraded to VIVID 200/300 you'd have to downgrade to VIVID 100. In theory this should just be a case of giving Customer Services a ring and getting them to drop you down to the VIVID 100 tier and re-provision your SH1, but as they're being phased out it might be difficult to persuade them to do what you're after.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

av-115 wrote:

The Superhub 1 can only (just) do 100Mbps.

It can do more it can do 200Mb but the higher ups limit it.

0 Kudos
Monkey_marlow
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

i have been with virgin since it was telewest, and can honestly say until the upgrade their service has been near perfect. i only got the upgrade because i moved locations.... which makes it ever more frustrating. i am only on the basic 100mb package but to be honest even that is questionable now, when i do speed test im lucky to get 60 nowadays.. i can live with slower speeds its all about quality for me.. jitter latency ect ect.

so if i call them up they can just reinstate my superhub 1? if this is the case i am definitely going to do so, im not going to sit and wait around for the fix to be brought out which might not even work.... easier to just switch back.

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

To me it sounds like there's other problems going on unrelated to the Hub 3. You've said you've moved house, it's possible your power levels are out of spec or there's a network issue in your new area. The Hub 3 does have a latency problem as you're aware but this is in the form of latency spikes that occur around every minute. You shouldn't be seeing permanently reduced speeds, that's not the Hub 3 causing that.

Can you go to 192.168.0.1, (don't log in) click 'Router Status' and copy and paste/screenshot the figures on the downstream and upstream?

You can ask Customer Services to reactivate the SH1, it's quite stable in modem mode but as a router it's awful. Whether they'll do it or not depends on who you speak to but it's possible and has been done.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Monkey_marlow
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I dont think the reduced speed is due tote s3, I’m simply stating the decline in my service... when I used the hub 1 I had it in modem mode and used my own router... when I play I can feel the packers being dropped, it’s not as responsive, delays across the board regardless of the time of day. Thanks for the reply, I will take a screenshot and get back to you. I’m in router mode at the moment because I haven’t gotten around to setting up modem mode.
0 Kudos