Menu
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the router in use may not support ip fragments

been using this router now for couple of months fine on ps4  now after couple months getting the router in use may not support ip fragments ??  cant seem to fix it restore internet box same problem changed mtu still does it tryed everything any fixes out there for it 

0 Kudos
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: the router in use may not support ip fragments

its now working fine no more up fragment problems so idk what was wrong with it
0 Kudos
awtowsey
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was having the same issue on all my PS systems. Although it appears to have been sorted my PSN connection speeds have now dropped by about 20meg on my  PS4......

0 Kudos
Garwoofoo
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same problems here.

As of about two weeks ago, I started getting the IP fragmentation message and download speed on my PS systems has dropped by about 20meg.

Nothing on my system has changed.  I use the Superhub in modem mode with a Linksys E4200 router and the PS4 connected via ethernet and homeplugs.  I've checked all the router settings, adjusted the MTU and so on and nothing makes any difference. I've come to the conclusion it must be something at Virgin's end.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Run Netalyzr
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu
+ expand UDP connectivity for send fragmented/receive fragmented
+ expand Path MTU both are 1500

0 Kudos
Garwoofoo
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Basic UDP access is available.
The client was able to send fragmented UDP traffic.
The client was able to receive fragmented UDP traffic.

The path between your network and our system supports an MTU of at least 1500 bytes, and the path between our system and your network has an MTU of 1500 bytes.

I'm guessing that looks OK?  Obviously this test is run on the PC rather than on the PS4, but as a test of the network that seems encouraging.  (Or not, as it doesn't explain the problem, or why it's suddenly started out of nowhere).

Would it be worth trying to run the same test on a device connected to the Homeplug that the PS4 runs off?

Oh, it did come up with this:

The resolver at 192.168.1.1 could not process the following tested types:

• Medium (~1300B) TXT records
  • Large (~3000B) TXT records
  • Large (~3000B) TXT records fetched with EDNS0

Requests from this resolver come from 86.28.90.65. This resolver requires 345 ms to fetch a result from our server and 11 ms to return a result from its cache. It does not validate DNSSEC. It does not provide requested DNSSEC records. It does not wildcard NXDOMAIN errors. The resolver reports a number of additional properties.

• Version: Nominum Vantio 5.4.0.2
0 Kudos
Mr-Hare
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've noticed both my PS3 and PS4 are saying the same in connection tests today. It wasn't happening Friday when I last used them. I haven't changed any settings and I've tried both a factory reset and the Superhub in modem mode.

There are some posts on the PS forum from a couple of people on BT having the same issue and some on the American PS forum.

So it looks to be more an issue with Sony and PSN rather than ISP with it happening to others not on Virgin.
0 Kudos
kelvin619
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yeah i have both consloe and so far played xbox more cause less problems with the ip fragment problem i think its sony servers idk but its annoying 

0 Kudos