Menu
mrlee77
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

strict nat

i am playing on my xbox one online with a friend but i can't seem to join in because of this daft strict nat setting,i've never had this problem before with other online games and its daft because were the only adults in the house with no kids and has never asked for strict nat at all,we are paying a lump sum of money every month and would like things to run smoothly so how do we get this strict nat nuisance sorted

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: strict nat

Hi there mrlee77,

Sorry to hear about the trouble experienced with your NAT type.

I'm not able to locate your account information at the moment to check your connection with us.

To allow me to do so, could you respond via private message with the following information?:

• Name of the account holder
  • Home address

General information regarding adjusting your NAT type can be found online.

Further to this, you could try inputting your Xbox details into the DMZ via Setting Up Port Forwarding and Port Triggering on your Virgin Media Hub. You can find this in the advanced settings of the hub GUI. (go to 192.168.0.1, log in, advanced settings, then select DMZ).

Hope this helps,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
M4YON
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you are using the Super Hub 3 then unfortunately its unlikely thatbyoull be able to fix the strict Nat type issue as there's a general problem with the hub and has been widely discussed on here.

Having said that it is worth trying what the forum team have suggested by port forwarding and port triggering although port 53, required by xbox to be open is currently blocked on the hub.

Finally your last resort is a DMZ which is simple to do and a quick Google search will tell you how to do it.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me mrlee77,

I've checked everything from this end and I've not been able to find any fault either via the equipment levels or network segment.

It's definitely worth Changing your Virgin Media Hub's wireless channel in order to improve this type of connection.

Let me know how you get on with all of these checks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos