Menu
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

service today has been very poor

so since about 4pm, my ping in battlefield is all over the place, teamspeak isnt showing any sign of packet loss, but the ping graph is, now... this is the first time this has happened but, if this continues, i will not be staying with virgin after the end of my contract, that is a certainty.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
Sceliphron
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: service today has been very poor

I'm sorry to hijack your thread but if you think yours is bad check mine:

a9a2a353aa1675736da2538c7bc53c3b-26-11-2016

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi arronlowley,

Apologies for your poor connection though thanks for reporting it on here and allowing us the opportunity to help.
I do hope you don't leave us in haste because I know what's causing this. The upstream network segment, to which your Hub connects, is experiencing recurring issues with low SNR (signal to noise ratio) and FEC's (forward error corrections. I have submitted all the relevant data to Networks who will assign a network engineer to investigate.

The fault reference is F004924572 and I've fully noted this on your account.
Usually the fix for this type of problem is relatively quick though locating the source of the noise ingress can take some time. But I'll keep you updated on what happens.

Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sceliphron,

Apologies that you are also experiencing a similar (worse?) issue with latency. There is actually some network upgrade work taking place on your CMTS today that will have an adverse impact on your connection. 

I propose that we wait for that work to complete and then I can re-test from here. It's very likely that your connection problems will be a thing of the past but we'll have to wait and see.
I'll set myself a reminder to test this tomorrow and I'll let you know what I find out. 

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Hydrops
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not even remotely sorry for hijacking your thread. How else am I supposed to get a response. Help please

https://gyazo.com/ada31317c359b362ef049c543abbba9f

Getting consistently shafted by highly fluctuated ping during "peek" all daylight hours.
0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi jen, thanks for the info, my internet has been ok since, i guess everything went smoothly?

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos