Menu
wotusaw
Superfast
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: puma 6 latency

Lol. I completely agree with you. Well, except for 'he doesn't even understand what etc'....How terribly rude and hurtful!!

It just seems to work/compensate for latency caused by the puma 6 problem in an 'fps' game.

If your an 'fps' gamer I'd just suggest you try the changes to your NIC and see. What have you got to lose?

I'm posting my score screenshots to prove my point on the BN Nitwitts site. I could be wrong in these rather subjective tests and to be honest find it difficult to believe myself for the reasons stated by 'shanemathews'. However before these changes, after playing 3 games, I'd score zero kills no matter what I'd do or how hard I played.

I presume you are of course an experienced 'fps' gamer, shanematthews? Yes, I know you know your modems and just about everything else, k.Smiley Happy

To cje85,

I've added some tests with server 46, btw. 24 down/2up before I messed with the NIC.

puma test compare 1472 1500 mtu.jpg

0 Kudos
wotusaw
Superfast
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok, well I've finished my rather dubious testing of the NIC idea. (not mine btw, but rather clever I feel)

http://thenitwitts.enjin.com/forum/m/28206608/viewthread/29998027-puma-6-chipset-latency-fix

This is really just for gamers 'fps' style. Take a look. You know you want to.

Personally I think the only salvation for us would be for Virgin to send a  DOCSIS 3.1 SB8200 modem out to each and everyone as an early Chrimbo present, but the chances of that happening are as likely as me being able to understand anything........ at all.Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Colax
Dialled in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

While rolling out SB8200s to the masses sounds great on paper, the Broadcom Chipset the SB8200 uses is the same as the CM1000 which is also currently having issues.

I don't think Virgin want two Modems/Hubs on their hands that are failing to work correctly.
0 Kudos
wotusaw
Superfast
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.

Saw a good review but frankly I know nothing about modems. Know slightly more now after looking through all the posts here and on DSL.

Only on this forum because of my 'puma 6 chipset problem' with the HUB 3. DSL seem to be all over the SB8200.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31219835-SB8200-32x8-3-1-cable-modem-Feedback-and-Results-thread 

0 Kudos