Menu
terrier72
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

ps4 Slim gamer broadband

Hub 3.0 device information

The information below shows the current status of this Hub 3.0.
so ive upgraded to gamer broadband 200mb Im fully wired and using a PS4 Slim.

I would like to know how to setup the best way to play Fifa 17 on PS4 i get lag and the game feels very very slow when playing online, I know port forwarding is an option but without a step by step process with SH3 Im totally lost, any help will be gladly accepted..

9.1.116V is the latest firmware version on my superhub

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ps4 Slim gamer broadband

I would suggest trying a test with the hub in modem mode and just the PS4 connected.  I'm not suggesting this as a permanent solution but just as way to see if it is poor routing in the hub that is causing your issue or not.  If things don't improve when you try this test then that rules out the hub's routing as the cause and there would be no point setting up port forwarding.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

0 Kudos
arronlowley
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: ps4 Slim gamer broadband

i believe portforwarding on the hub 3 doesnt work anyway, unless they fixed it.

it could be possible that the lag youre getting is due to area congestion, or it could be fifa servers, because fifa servers are shocking, i have 300/20 and i even lagged on fifa on the ps4 (slim) and everything was fine internet wise.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/6c7f9a9f20c4b3cac9edc401f62167c3.html
0 Kudos