Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (80 Views)

portforwarding

hi

I wonder if someone can help me .. I am a very big gamer (mostly c.o.d and diablo3) but I also like going back and playing ut2004 with my friends.

I used to run my own server for all players with my old internet provider but have moved house and have now joined virgin.

I have a superhub 2ac and was told i could portforward with np but so far I have been unsuccessful, for when I put the port numbers in and to a port check it says they are still closed.

is there something i need to know in the settings that would make this work (my old router had spi that i had to turn off) ?? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 4 (73 Views)

Re: portforwarding

hiya @fox38 need to have something using that port for it to show open, also have you setup static IP addresses on device you want to port forward to?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (66 Views)

[ Edited ]

hi

I have put in all the port numbers needed for the game the tcp and the udp but it just tells me they are closed.

and yes i have a static ip address for that pc.

0 Kudos
Superfast
Message 4 of 4 (51 Views)

Even though the VM firewall is open, have you ensured the PC hosting is allowing those connections as well?

I will assume you have and that it connects locally, unless you're testing on the same machine that is hosting the server, which wouldn't be idea.

I've been referred to the following site in the past which is a useful tool that checks connectivity better than some others that are more widely known.

0 Kudos