Menu
madmass1980
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

poor ping when gaming and poor video streaming

I've been having high ping problem since December, I even took my Xbox to my mom's who is with a different ISP and had no problem playing multi player games or steaming videos as I do at home. I get the same old same old that there is no problem at VM's end so think it's time to say good bye to virgin internet after 8 years
0 Kudos
madmass1980
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor ping when gaming and poor video streaming

ping.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi madmass1980

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems when playing online. I'm going to send you a PM for some additional info so that we can run a few checks on your connection and get this looked into further.

Speak soon 

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi madmass1980

Thanks for replying to my PM. I've run a few checks on your connection and everything looks healthy. I can't see any issues affecting your hub or network segment which is great. Is your Xbox connected wired or wireless when you are playing online? If it's wireless can you connect over ethernet and let me know if this improves things?

Speak soon

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
madmass1980
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ty,

I've always used wired, I've tried changing the Ethernet cable and using different port on router but it's still the same.

Thanks madmass1980
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi madmass1980

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming that Smiley Happy Everything looks ok when double checking your connection which is great. Can you let me know what speed test results you are getting over ethernet with the hub in modem mode and your PC in safe mode with networking? Also, is there any improvement when playing online with the hub in modem mode?

Kind regards,

Ty

0 Kudos
madmass1980
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Used my xbox on a friends Internet without any problems of lag and have been told on here and over the phone that there is no issue at Virgins end so have come to the conclusion I must just be unlucky and I'm being provided with poor internet, feel I have no choice but to change provider
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi madmass1980

Thanks for getting back to us. Were you able to try modem mode to see if this made any improvement to your connection when playing online?

Speak soon 

0 Kudos