Menu
gunny789
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

poor connection/latency via PS4

hi

I contacted the chat team today to try and get to the bottom of my issue but he/she said that they are not able to help so I have came here.

Since last September time I have had sudden latency problems as if someone had flipped the switch. I use this connection for the ps4 and ingame it said I had a good green bar but I was still experiencing latency. I have tried various router settings since then but with the same results and have been trying ever since. 2-3weeks ago (as virgin media suggested to help with this) I upgraded free to a 150mb connection but since the upgrade things have gone from bad to worse. I now see ingame that I have a poor red bar consistently while everyone else has a good green bar. I have again tried a-z with router settings and methods and also have tried to put the router in modem mode but with the same results.

any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor connection/latency

Hi  Gunny789,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble gaming. I've just checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention all look healthy. 

What did you have connected when you tried modem mode? Just to narrow down the potential causes could you try a PC in safe mode with networking connected to the modem while in safe mode?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
gunny789
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: poor connection/latency

Yes i have tested my connection speed which there is nothing wrong with and have had a member of your team telling me that my router is healthy. I have done ping and traceroute tests and they are fine too. Its worrying because i know what im experiencing but what can u fix if tests say nothing is wrong? When i tried modem mode i was hard wired to the ps4. After chatting to the team they are posting me a new hub though i have already had 3 new hubs to try and solve my gaming issues and this will be the 4th so im personally sure its not a router/modem issue. I havent tried pc safe mode but i will try this. These issues have started last september time and today there has still been no solution to my problem which is getting abit much now as im still having to pay for this service. Im starting to get the feeling i wont get the experience im after with Virgin anymore when it comes to gaming

0 Kudos