Menu
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

online gaming issues, is it my net?

I do a lot of online gaming on my laptop but some games wont work or lag bad so I was wondering if its my net? or does having the TiVo box on at the same time lag the net?

a friend tested my ping on my laptop and said it was fine but then he got me to test the ping on a website ping tester and it was bad and slow.

I have to use a wireless connection for the laptop.

I mostly play all games via steam and black ops 1 works fine but I cant connect to any server on black ops 2, the map load screen is as far as I get then I get the disconnected from server message (the loading bar on the map load screen barely moves up) and ghosts wont even launch.

im always getting disconnected on the loading screen when trying to play ark survival evolved and get bad lag when I do get in and loading into h1z1 battle royale is very slow by the time it loads and sometimes doesn't load atall or the game just greys out and says not responding.

then I can play other games like world of Warcraft fine without any load or disconnecting issues.

I always play the games on lowest settings being on a laptop and without it being a gaming one (Toshiba satellite i5-3210M cpu @ 2.50 ghz, 6gb ram, 64 version windows 8.1)

just wondering if anyone can help.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: online gaming issues, is it my net?

Your problem is with the WiFi. It isn't really suitable for games that require a very rapid response. Gaming should be using a wired connection. 

0 Kudos
nitemare
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ive now got a wired connection but everything is as bad apart from ark which connects first time often now but its the only game working better so is it my net or is it just because its a laptop with built in graphics? Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi nitemare

Thanks for posting and trying out jpeg's suggestion of using a wired connection. I'm sorry to hear that this hasn't resolved the problem. I've run a few checks on your connection and everything on the hub looks good but I did notice a fault ticket open for peak time contention F003528923 with a review date estimated for 30/03/2016 which I have mentioned in a previous thread. 

Do these problems only occur around peak times?

Speak soon 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos