Menu
zkirkman77
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

no wep option on superhub 2ac

hi,

i really need help!

ive been trying for days to try and connect my daughters nintendo 2ds to our superhub. ive gone through many forums and watched videos but they all tell me to change the setting to wep on a guest network, the problem is there is no WEP option on my router Smiley Sad 

is there any other way? the ds will only connect via WEP 

thank you 

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: no wep option on superhub 2ac

I'm afraid that WEP is an outdated security mode and does not feature on most modern routers.  The only option is to turn security off altogether but ..... well you can guess the risks.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

zkirkman77 wrote:

hi,

i really need help!

ive been trying for days to try and connect my daughters nintendo 2ds to our superhub. ive gone through many forums and watched videos but they all tell me to change the setting to wep on a guest network, the problem is there is no WEP option on my router Smiley Sad 

is there any other way? the ds will only connect via WEP 

thank you 

You say "2DS" do you mean the really really old original DS before the 3DS came out or the big slate thing that is actually called a 2DS, because the proper 2DS does support more than WEP

Nintendo 2DS*

• Wireless Frequency: 2.4 GHz Frequency
  • Wireless Modes: 802.11b, 802.11g
  • Wireless Security Modes: WEP, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA-PSK (AES), WPA2-PSK (AES)

* WPA2-PSK (TKIP) is not supported by the Nintendo 2DS

Taken from http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/498/~/compatible-wireless-modes-and-...

0 Kudos
zkirkman77
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It is the newer 2ds that's solid and doesn't close. I haven't found any other option apart from wep for connecting it to the router
0 Kudos
zkirkman77
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yea that's what I thought. Thanks
0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

zkirkman77 wrote:
It is the newer 2ds that's solid and doesn't close. I haven't found any other option apart from wep for connecting it to the router

Then it will connect just fine, how exactly are you trying to connect it, just scan for the SSID and click connect, it will see it aslong as its not WPA2-PSK (TKIP) and prompt you to enter the key, there isn't any setting you need to manually make in that regards

0 Kudos