Menu
Emanueleagosti
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

no connection to (psn) ip banned?

i can't connect my device to psn (play station network). the smartphone, pc and also ps4 can't connect, play-station assistant ask to me to get some information from you

name of internet provider ( virgin media i think )

the confirmation that your internet provider informed you about what could be causing the problem

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: no connection to (psn) ip banned?

It does sound like Sony have banned the IP address you have been assigned by VM.  The usual way to check this is to switch your hub from router mode to modem mode (or vice versa) as this will assign you a different IP address.  Using modem mode isn't always practical long term but is a useful test to confirm it is an IP address block and not an account block.  An alternative test would be to try accessing your PSN account via the smart phone using your mobile's data service, as that would also use a different IP address.

In the past I would have said that switching mode is the only solution as VM IP addresses are quite sticky and staff have said it is difficult for them to assign you a new one.  However I have seen posts on here recently where customers say they have phoned VM, explained that they need to be assigned a different IP address and the support staff have done it.

You could try asking Sony to lift their ban but I haven't heard of anybody having any success with this approach. These bans are always temporary because Sony know that they are shared IPs that can get assigned to innocent users, so it will be lifted at some point.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Emanueleagosti
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

i cant't use psn on the smartphone or pc or any other device if i use the virgin media wi-fi at home, but i can use it using an other wifi connection 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So that proves that Sony are only banning the IP you are currently assigned by VM, not your account.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If my answer solves your problem please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos