Menu
Superdan87
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

major ps4 lag on superhub 3

Hi,

I'm having some major issues with lag and fluctuating speeds on my ps4 with a wired connection (using cat 6 ethernet cable)

I am on the Vivid 100 and i get speeds from 1mb to 30mb, Huge delays and lag when playing online on Cod Black ops 3 for example.

At my previous address i had the superhub 2 and it was fine, good speeds when wireless and wired.

I've had the SH 3 replaced once and it has not rectified the issue... 

PLEASE HELP!!!

0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: major ps4 lag on superhub 3

Read this

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos
DavidMcgregor
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have 300Mbps D/L speed but when i download a game on PS4, it downloads at 5Mbps, Do you know what i can do?

0 Kudos
Superdan87
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for ur advice mate, it's just with my previous address using superhub 2 everything was fine. Now on superhub 3 it's awful and the fix being buy more equipment because virgins new hub isn't upto par is more than frustrating. I'm hoping it's a tech issue somehow
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No mater how fast your Download speed is. The PS4 has a USELESS NIC in it, and then with SONYS USELESS backend.

Try putting your PS4 into REST MODE with Internet enabled, this will improve download speed.

Mine is better due to MODEM MODE.

As for VM improving its tech. Don't hold your breath. The SH is designed to access the basic needs of its CUSTOMERS. If your want better TECH you have to buy it yourself. Simples.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 200Mb VM service with SH2 AC in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-N66U router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk.
0 Kudos