Menu
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

major lag in call of duty

Hi, as far as i know i have experienced major latency in call of duty which makes it unplayable and makes me frustrated as i cant pin point whats causing the problem. What happens on my screen and what happens on someone elses are 2 different things. For example, i shoot someone multiple times but on their screen i hardly shot them as much as i did on my screen or ill jump shot or drop shot but on their screen my character hasnt carried out the action. I also tend to get insta killed alot. Its to the point where i cant have a fair gunfight with someone as im dead without having the chance to fire my gun. Its like im playing 5 seconds behind everyone else in the game. Help me find out whats causing this problem as im a competive player and hate being at a disadvantage.
Note: virgin media are currently upgrading area as part of their free speed upgrade and i wonder if this causing my issue? Then again i have had this issue for almost a year now!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: major lag in call of duty

Hi Lee2

Firstly welcome to the forum. That definitely sounds like an irritating issue to have, it would really start to do my head in if that happened to me while playing.

Are you playing via Xbox/Playstation? Wired or wireless connection? Experience any problems with your connection on other devices?

You could also try and replay some of the training missions to get your reflexes up to scratch Smiley Wink

Let me know some more info and I'll see what we can do for you Smiley Happy

Thanks

Ty

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I had exactly the same today on CoD BO2 Xbox360 Wired. Turns out the problem was my SamKnows box and rebooting fixed it.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have tried putting xbox one ip address in router dmz, port forwarding, upnp is currently enabled. Ive tried rebooting my superhub 2 multiple times. Ive tried using a different router but my problem persists and i believe my problem is on my isp end.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee2,

Thanks for the update, I'd like to run a few additional checks on your connection from this end but as your last post wasn't from your Virgin connection I've not been able to locate your account. If you could drop us a quick bump from your home connection we'll be able to investigate further.

I wonder if for diagnostic purposes it's also worth trying your SuperHub in modem mode to see if that makes a difference?

Please keep us updated.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ive tried a direct modem connection but the problem still arises. Hopefully someone can help diagnose the problem.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lee2,

Thanks for the update, I've just been checking your connection from this end and both your SuperHub and local network segment are reporting back in good shape, so any latency issues should be minimal.

I can see you mention you've tried a direct wired connection without any joy but trying modem mode may help as this disables the router side of the Hub if you haven't given this a go yet.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all that before but problem persists.... anyways thanks for checking my connection thanks
0 Kudos
Lee2
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I think i know the cause of my problem. I think people are finding out my ip address and sending large amounts of traffic overloading my router causing loads of lag ie a ddos attack
0 Kudos
DAVIDR19781
Tuning in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Ive had this problem for years, guys from VM will just blame the game mind and tell you it happens on all ISP's blah blah blah, I personally believe the problem is within the VM network as when the game tests where I am in the world to sync up with other players correctly it doesn't get my true geographical region, it thinks im hundreds of miles away down south, ive told Activision this but they said its an ISP issue and I have to take it up with them.

Good luck getting this sorted, I gave up ages ago.

0 Kudos