Menu
skyblueoz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

losses of signal

Hi all.

I'm getting really annoyed at the minute with my services. If I'm playing a game on one of several devices, I am frequently getting kicked out.

I have an Xbox one that is wired to the superhub and still I get kicked. I lose connection to a game such as fifa and have to go back to the console dashboard. When there, it says I need to reconnect to Xbox live, but it will then not let me connect for 2-3 minutes at which point it suddenly reconnects itself.

I also use several mobile devices too. When playing hearthstone on my phone, periodically during the game it will say I've lost my connection to the servers. Sometimes it will reconnect and others it doesn't.

I also have issues when using a tablet and when browsing the internet on several devices.

Whenever I get these dropouts, if I attempt to use the speedtest.net app on my phone, it will flag up a message saying network communication issues.

In all cases, it seems to reconnect after a while and work fine, but the could go wrong again a couple of minutes later.

Obviously I've tried rebooting the hub, but still it happens.

I'm supposed to be on the VIP package but am not getting VIP service. We've recently been offered an upgrade from 60->100mb for free, but that's no good if it still doesn't work.

Anyone out there got any ideas?
0 Kudos
skyblueoz
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: losses of signal

Also should add, I looked at some other posts on here and saw the solution of using the 5ghz setting on the superhub, this did appear to work, but only tested briefly as it turns out my father's tablet cannot receive 5ghz signals, so this is no good for us.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Skyblueoz,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting these drop outs. 

I don't see how the 5Ghz would fix this if your xbox is wired. If switching the Xbox to 5Ghz works then it may be a problem with the ethernet cable you're using.

I've checked your connection and everything looks healthy from this end. The SNR was a bit low a few days ago but has been stable for the last 48 hours which may explain it.

How has your connection been the last 2 days?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
skyblueoz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It isn't the cable as it was happening on both wired and wireless connection and as I said it affects other gadgets too.

As I'm not too techy, what's snr?

The issue seems to have been better in the last day or two, however I do work shifts, so my usage varies anyway and that just may be a coincidence.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Skyblueoz,

Glad to hear it's been better so far. SNR stands for Signal to Noise Ratio. In short, low SNR means there's too much interference on the broadband signal coming to your hub, If you think of the signal like music from a radio and the hub is listening to the words, if there's low SNR then you'll hear a lot of static and won't be able to make out the words of the song. 

The next time you get a drop out (hopefully you won't but just in case) could you make a note of the date and time so we can check it against our readings?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
skyblueoz
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's happening again. Started around 3pm today and is still going on. Just been kicked off Xbox live in the last 5 minutes. I was the only one using the signal, so not even heavy usage my end.
0 Kudos
Deaczzzz
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I had the same issue with xb1, it's super hub 2 it does not get along with xb1, I switched 2.4ghz and 5ghz on then changed 5ghz to 54mbps on the wireless radio in the advanced settings, then I connected my xb1 wirelessly to the hub on 5ghz and I've not had a single problem since
0 Kudos
skyblueoz
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Deaczzzz, thanks for taking the time to post in this thread, but if you had of read the whole thread, you would have seen that it's not just the Xbox that has the issues and the 5ghz solution is impractical as not all devices Can receive the signal.
0 Kudos
Deaczzzz
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

And if you read the whole of my reply you would of read that I set it to 5ghz and 2.4ghz not just 5ghz, the only device on my network that is on 5ghz is the xb1 all the others are on 2.4ghz, anywho I was just saying that I had a similar problem but mine was just with the xb1 not other devices
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi skyblueoz

Thanks for getting back to us.

I've had a check on your connection. The SNR has been stable recently with no problems showing.

Are you still experiencing these drop outs?

Are there any changes to the lights on the hub when the connection drops?

Thanks

0 Kudos