Menu
Seanw16
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

lag spikes while gaming

i get lag spikes while gaming consistently with every game even when no one is on the internet i dont know what it is can someone pls help me here is my bqm graph. please someone help its so frustrating bqm graph.png

0 Kudos
Seanw16
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: lag spikes while gaming

im legit about to change provider its that annoying please someone help
0 Kudos
legacy1
Hero
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Your in router mode if you want your connection to be stable over a long time use modem mode or just reboot your super hub router mode.

0 Kudos
Seanw16
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

if i do modem mode does that disable wirless mode 

0 Kudos
Seanw16
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

i have family that uses the internet wireless me and my brother the only people using ethernet cable its jsut lag spikes alot and its fustrating i dont know what the problem is

0 Kudos
memis245
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Exacly the same problem here Smiley SadSmiley Sad I'm so close to switching providers.

0 Kudos
VMguy
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I had your same problem and I was able to get it fixed, to make sure it is the same problem could you please do 3 http://www.speedtest.net/ tests and link the results please.

Also can you do a http://www.pingtest.net/ test and link the results

ALSO can you please tell me the colour of the light of the port on the superhub that the ethernet is in.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Seanw16,

Sorry to see your graph is so busy. I've just checked your connection from here and can see no issues on our end. Could you do as Legacy suggested and reboot the hub and check if the graph returns to stable?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Vilius
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'm about to change to a different provider too tbh. It's been a months and no one got bothered to fix my internet it's like a joke to them. Not like they bother to answer any of my messages either.
0 Kudos
Seanw16
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

When I reset my router hub it goes stable for about 12 hours or so then it dramatically goes all over the place every time I reset the router its goes perfect for 12 hours then it goes laggy and so I have to reboot it again
0 Kudos