Menu
kegluneq
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

lag spikes (league of legends)

Good evening 

I have read that others on here have had the same issues iv discovered to be having from day one of us getting the 152mb broadband.

In game im receiving alot of lag spikes, sometimes lasting 2 minutes a time resulting in the game becoming unplayable.

I have tried changing channels and going through all the advice that is on the virgin help page...my only other conclusion is its the box. super hub 2 I believe it is,  we have also found its not just on this game it spikes...we have tried downloading a game through the ps4 and found it spikes there also....

and should my partner try playing on the ps4 while im on the pc it slows everything down at one point even timing out trying to connect to google. 

I have also noticed that Im not actually receiving anywhere near 152mb...sometimes struggling to get to 50. 

I have done some online speed test which confirm this.

I honestly don't know what else to try, I can be assured that it isn't my pc as I had Virgin at my last home and it worked perfectly fine =/ 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: lag spikes (league of legends)

Hi Kegluneq,

Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear you're getting ping spikes and poor speeds. I've checked your connection and can see no issues from here. Your power levels, SNR and area contention are all healthy. Are you playing wired or wireless? 

Could you run some traceroutes to the servers you play on and post them here too?

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
kegluneq
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do i run trace routes? 

and im using wireless, it has be stumped as iv had virgin for years but with my own router...could it possibly be a problem with the super hub? 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keqluneq,

If you're gaming wirelessly you're going to get a poorer connection. How is the connection when wired? Wireless is a very unstable medium affected by a great many outside factors that are entirely out of our control.

You can run a traceroute by opening Windows command prompt and typing 'tracert' followed by the address your tracing to.

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos